It's Been a While and I'm sad to say . . . . Goodbye

• Member Contributer

It's been a long time since I've been on the site, let alone posted up.

Many things have changed over the last 3+ years and I won't bore you with my challenges (which I've managed to overcome).

However, I'm preparing for a major life transition.  Selling EVERYTHING and moving from Canada to the Dominican Republic.

I'll be starting out, working as a PADI instructor & Dive master - then working with a business partner (my instructor) and opening a new dive shop.

Building a new home which will feature an AirBnB - so if you know me, then keep my contact and let me know when you want to book the room!

I have experienced so many incredible rides and trips with the people I've met from the VFRDiscussion group.

Oregon | California | Colorado | Villa Rica | Deals Gap |  South Dakota | Idaho | Washington

Sum Sum meets were a personal passion that brought many of us together.  Anyone know where the Flaf is?

From my first PNW VFRD meet in Newport OR, hosted by Keithbob to the last Kootenay Hootenany and SumSum 4 in Custer.

I'm posting up my 2004 VFR for sale later today on local classifieds.  This is tough, as I've had this bike for 17 years and over 116,000 km.

She's gotten me there and back, even with a stator-ectomy in California (with the help of some talented co-riders)

Miguel, thank you for the laughs, the site (of course) and some new music (still on my play list).

CVVFR, 12 years+ of riding together are the best memories I keep.

I'll be winding things down in the coming 4 months, departing in mid October.

Putting the house up for sale.  Running the estate sale.  Purging to minimum items.

I will keep my personal email (those that have it) and check in here once I'm settled.  Not sure I'd find a VFR in DR?

Thank you to so many I've ridden with, learned from, laughed, drank, recovered, explored, travelled and especially to the many who've hosted us when the long, cross country adventures brought us to your back yard.

I'd be thrilled to catch up with you, but understand we're all busy.  Until next time. . . . 

Keep the rubber side down, ride your own ride, smooth before fast and keep the dream alive!

Cheers

DSC03487.JPG

vfrd064.jpg

DSC_1647.JPG

IMG_20170708_084358.jpg

• Member Contributer

Grabbing life/a chance by the balls and doing it, respect :beer:

• Member Contributer

Love the Cordura suit. I have the same one. Best non-leather gear I've owned. 

May we ask why you're leaving Oh Canada? It's Trudeau isn't it? 🙂

Seriously, good luck! It all sounds awesome. You're going to be a LOT warmer. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, bmart said:

May we ask why you're leaving Oh Canada? It's Trudeau isn't it? 🙂

Taxes are getting ridiculous.  Medi-care doesn't really work here anymore.  Climbing interest rates & pending recession.  Pending Gov't home equity tax.

Nothing really keeping me here. No kids.  Recently divorced after 24 years.  I'm in good to great health for a mid 50 yr old.

I love my work & do ok and have great equity in my house which I'll probably never pay off here.

When I took a good look at where I was, where I am and where I want to be, given I have all the means to do it . . . . . the Universe told me,

"If you don't follow the signals I've been giving you, you'll never get what you've been asking for."

It came to me, it would be a HUGE DISERVICE to the opportunity not to do it.

Oh and ya . . no more snow tires / shoes/ shovels/ jackets/ furnaces/ outrageous taxes/ and I'll be mortgage free with $$$ in the bank.

A great job waiting for me with opportunity to start fresh.  It's a great, invigorating feeling that really charges the neuro-pathways.

New friends.  New relationship options.  New challenges (I'm fully aware there will always be challenges). 

• Member Contributer

Best wishes didit, I've enjoyed your posts over the years. Check in when you have a chance, with an underwater pic or two if possible.

• Member Contributer

I enjoyed riding and hanging out in Nelson and at a few SumSums, Didit.  DR sounds exciting.  I wish you the best!

I'm glad we got the chance to meet and ride. Both times are awesome memories. If you get the bug to ride mountains again, get in touch, I usually have an extra bike.

Best of luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Didit, It was a pleasure to ride with you, hang out with you, and party with you. You organized fabulous SumSum's.

Best of fortune in your new pursuits.

Take care Didit,

Terry

• Member Contributer

Didit a pleasure to have you as a friend . Sumsum's were such a great experience and a lot of fun . I wish you all the best and hope you still have my email as I want to come for a visit . You are at a time to enjoy life and embrace a new adventure . Take care my friend and hopefully we can meet up again .

• 3 weeks later...

Archived