From Sargent seat back to OEM

Kbear

I wanted to replace the aftermarket Sargent seat the PO had installed with an OEM seat on my 2007 25th anniversary and I'm glad I did. I know a lot of you guys like aftermarket seats, but this Sargent wasn't working for me. The Sargent's design has a sunken mid section that was causing me some discomfort. I was finally able to put some miles on the other day with the OEM seat. All I can say is "wow" what a better seat for me. The padding underneath has a certain spring back that really makes it so much more comfortable for me. I know you guys will think I'm crazy but that's just how it works for me. I'm very glad I purchased the OEM seat. 😎👍

20220623_184452.thumb.jpg.472e44bea63af5fa4badebe288905a8e.jpg

2 hours ago, Grum said:

Good to see Gumby approves! Really like the VFR800 sticker you have on the seat cowl looks very smart.:fing02:

Thanks bud! Gumby, my travel partner 😎👍. I was debating on placing that decal on the seat cowl or the lower fairing up front (almost wish, now, that I put it up front). Glad you like it it does look pretty cool. One good thing, it's not permanent. Came all the way from England. One [decal] on each side of the seat.

20220606_144237.thumb.jpg.78c0f8edb94567c1248f756f09446a73.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Kbear said:

Thanks bud! Gumby, my travel partner 😎👍. I was debating on placing that decal on the seat cowl or the lower fairing up front (almost wish, now, that I put it up front). Glad you like it it does look pretty cool. One good thing, it's not permanent. Came all the way from England. One [decal] on each side of the seat.

20220606_144237.thumb.jpg.78c0f8edb94567c1248f756f09446a73.jpg

M8. That sticker is all class, really well suited on the cowl. Very nice choice. The white background makes it all the more appealing. If I still had my RWB 6gen I'd definitely be doing the same, love it. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

The "Sargent dish" which used to be a Corbin only thing, is less prevalant on the 5th gen. Still, I had my red striped one flattened so it would stop curving my spine. 

That Sargent was causing me to get cramps in my right hip pretty bad and it just wouldn't go away. The first time I climbed on with the OEM seat I could feel a huge difference right away and as I road some miles the foam rubber underneath has a really great spring back that gives me a more comfortable ride. I'm just weird like that I guess. I much prefer the OEM seat by far.

Archived