HI-Level End Can Advice - 5th Gen UK

Skids

• Member Contributer

I'd really like to fit a hi-level end can to my 01 baby but choices seem very limited over here in the UK.

Used - hardly ever see anything.

New - seems to be a choice between Delkevic, Dominator or Black Widow. GPR look good but they don't seem to do hi-level.

Any help or advice appreciated. Any experience of the above also appreciated.  :beer:

• Member Contributer

I had a delkevic and it was positioned funny, splayed out and looked odd although the build quality looked good.

Then I scored what I really wanted, a used Remus Revolution (I think that's what it's called, it's not the race one (GP) but the road legal one with removable baffle). It did cost though.

I bought my bike, 21 years ago!, with a low level Harris carbon fibre oval can on it, delicious! Not Road legal, no ABE stamp for Europe, but I did fit a generic dB killer. Sounded glorious!

I still have it if anyone wants it!! Needs some tidying up on the link pipe where some crappy welding was done - Honda dealership! - and i started to grind them off but I did repack it and the rest is in great condition. Shouldn't be hard to make or buy a high level link pipe, maybe even Harris themselves?

Photos on request. 

• Member Contributer

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Bren said:

Thanks Bren. That's a European site, so, sadly, thanks to some idiots, the hassle of purchasing from Europe is now significantly more difficult and expensive than before. 

Can't see a link pipe either. 

• Member Contributer

I know, hence why I try to avoid UK sites even though the prices are much better.

There must be a UK distributor, I'm half sure it's called deep tone, check ebay! They do/did state high level when I was looking some years ago.

Brexit makes my life exporting into UK an absolute nightmare. What with the freight costs now, the client EORI numbers, the export declaration, provision of docs before the truck reaches port or else refusal to board.... bollocks.

Brexit - At least the promised 350 million per week is available.......

• Member Contributer

I helped a fellow VF owner in the UK out and shipped a rusted, damaged (but salvageable) collector box to the UK....

image.png.72ca6e1800d41e4f6d5b8f1e065b1fc2.png

A week since this appeared online in the tracker but he is yet to receive the letter.... 

No wonder the Scots want their independance.....

• Member Contributer

I had some headlights for my Hiace van sent from Australia and they got caught in the same kind of limbo--I was never sent any letters--the headlights were eventually sent back to Australia, and then I got to fight with the seller about whose fault it was!   

(I won...)

Ciao,

JZH 

• Member Contributer

I've had this issue with parts from Thurn Motorsports in Germany, to the extent I'm not ordering any more due to the increased costs involved.

I'm going to call GPR UK distributor to see if they can order a hi-level from Italy as they're not listed as available on the UK website.

Archived