Andreani suspension Cartridges

Gotama

About to embark on another VFR upgrade 
Suspension 
If you’ve done the research you’ll know that are very few options for the fork upgrades 
Contacted a friend of mine with GP suspension and will be designing some 20mil cartridges
just another option other then Traxxion , Andreani , Race tech revalves ect or BD-20’s 

AD7F7E4A-98C3-427C-8B2F-68206BBC8CEC.webp

3FF56F36-71B5-49EA-B8C9-A0E49E83EEF3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up ordering the Andreani fork cartages …..

just installed them yesterday 

I sure hope I did everything correctly .

the forks haven’t been serviced in years so this was well overdue .

the install manual didn’t go into great detail on installing them , but I think I figured it out .

new bushings and seals were done also along with a thorough cleaning of the lower forks and stanchions .

only thing is I’m kinda lost track of which one was rebound and which one was compression if I got them backwards that’s a simple cap swap 

and there was one part I needed to swap from the stock forks to the new cartages that wasn’t outlined in the instructions, the round piece that slides in under the nut on the tube that holds the spring down .

So far from what I can tell just off of setting the adjustments based off of how fast it rebounds and compresses the bike feels more planted on the road . 

D5EEB7B0-2042-4166-809B-8FD634885903.jpeg

A35EEE6C-9429-43C3-9C58-94F1EE26A664.jpeg

1410E380-F93B-40C8-AC4A-2875EC6E6D0A.jpeg

A7D86E98-39E7-4DF0-9F39-2766E418441B.jpeg

FD696535-503E-4DCF-80F1-8E6CEE955962.jpeg

0152FED4-1F68-4FB6-A566-1EF42588C578.jpeg

I’m thinking I screwed something up 

so that spacer under the Nut 

I left that in 

and screwed down the cap .

can someone confirm this ?

something tells me I should have 

screwed the cap down and tightened that nut up to the cap and let the black piece back up to the bottom of the cap .

21486B4C-6D11-447F-9A34-EF6ADBB9242D.jpeg

• Gotama changed the title to Andreani suspension Cartridges

Well since this thread is so active figure I’d update and let everyone know that I did indeed have a part that wasn’t needed installed 

but hey makes a great tool if I want or need to swap springs 

Just reading through this for the first time and I’m curious. Are there different parts (amount of pieces or what ever) comparing to the amount of stock pieces parts? I’ve been pondering doing the forks on my bike and wonder if the factory manual would show the basic “same” items for assembly?  

2 hours ago, trmoyer said:

Just reading through this for the first time and I’m curious. Are there different parts (amount of pieces or what ever) comparing to the amount of stock pieces parts? I’ve been pondering doing the forks on my bike and wonder if the factory manual would show the basic “same” items for assembly?  

Well I for some reason though a spacer off the stock forks , which I used as a tool at first to hold down the spring and tighten the cap onto the new cartages, remained there and I slapped it all together with the retainer disk in place .

So this morning I removed the caps and dropped the front , removed the disk and put it back the way it’s suppose to be 

comparing the two there seems to be less parts with the Andreani cartridges 

this disk here was on the stock suspension and was on top of the stock spacer tube 

so I thought it needed to go back 

I was wrong lol 

but it made for a great tool to hold the spring down and install the fork caps 

B78215F8-2BD3-4839-BBDA-8DE02DA9A29B.png

D728E27C-5C61-49E0-9578-43818A84C4D3.png

There’s always so much to learn with these things then someone goes and throws a curve ball in there lol. I’m following this along to see how it all plays out. The Andreani cartridge kit might be out of my budget range for now but I like seeing the options that are available. 

It’s pretty straight forward as far as installing them 

I went the extra step and re did the bushings and seals while I was at it and cleaned everything .

the cartages so far feel fantastic 

front end feel more planted and I can adjust rebound and preload and dampening .

like my track bike .

the stock ones I had cranked all the way down

i wanted more adjustability then all the way Stiff.

Archived