Greetings from Costa Rica

JFGarro

Hi! My name is José Garro, I'm from Costa Rica. About 1 month ago, I found a marketplace ad for a 1991 VFR750F...in my country, this bike is pretty rare (I believe fewer than 5 exists here, the Honda dealer didn't sold premium / big bikes on that times). This is a USA versión, with about 33.000 miles, but with fairings from an unknown bike, and the last owner wanted to make it a cafe racer. The price was right (about a 1.200 dollars), so I bought it without even riding it! The bike starts and rides ok, but has sufered from poor maintenance, for example the radiator was leaking, and the bike had a mix of car coolant, brown water and a bad smelly gelly like sustance (I believe some agent for stop the leaking from the inside); the front brakes are non existent (the master cylinder is a small non OEM unit from China), and there is a loud clacking sound from the clutch basket (it dissapears when the clutch is pressed). My first step for this bike is make it road worthy: an aluminium radiator is on it's way, together with a new thermostat, OEM brake master cylinder with a new reconstruction set, new fluids (coolant, brake and clutch, engine oil with an Honda new filter), and a good condition used clutch unit from eBay, among other things. My future plans with this bike, besides enjoying it, are unclear, but I would like to give it the RC30 look (for me, one of the most beautiful bikes ever), but this will be in a few months (or years?) from now. I'll like to open a thread with the progress for this bike, but for now, some pictures...the first three the day I bought it, another two for the current progress, and the last one an unexpected gift from my brother.

IMG_8366.JPG

IMG_8367.JPG

IMG_8368.JPG

IMG_8403.JPG

IMG_8482.JPG

JCIG5954.JPG

• Member Contributer

Hola José, espero que esta nota lo encuentre bien. Saludos desde San Francisco.

Bienvenido a VFRD.

Look forward to seeing your progress, all the best!

Archived