1994 Cam Chain Tensioners

Good day all. Noob here with my first post.

I have a 1994 VFR engine in a Pulse autocycle. I suspect the rattling noise I can hear from the engine is due to worn out cam chain tensioners (it goes away under load, but sounds like a monkey rattling a spoon in a can whilst coasting). My issues is.....I cannot seem to locate any to buy online! 

Any help with a part number, or an online link to buying a couple, would be greatly appreciated.

I'd wondered if the tensioners were compatible with the VFR800, as these are available everywhere (bit of a long shot! LOL)

Many thanks for your input.

All the best

CookieGuy

• Member Contributer

I think we'd like to see a pic of your 1994 motor . . . as either 1. It's not a 1994 motor or 2. It does not have cam chains or tensioners.  If it is indeed a 94 model motor, a gear stack drives the cams and there are no tensioners.  So, post a pic please . . . 

Thanks for the reply Cogswell.

I'm now super confused, I did indeed just find a CCT part for the on Partszilla, listed for a 1994 engine and ordered them, but you're telling me they aren't there.

No pics on hand and the engine is buried in the autocycle frame. Pretty sure its a 1994.

If I do indeed have gear driven cams, do you have any thoughts what could be causing my rattling noise? I have no rattling at idle, or while accelerating, only when I come off the accelerator whilst in gear.

CookieGuy

• Member Contributer

What's the part  number?  No telling what the rattling is - if it's a 94 engine  (BTW, how did you determine that?) it's not CCTs.  It's like having a radiator problem in a 1st gen Volkswagen . . . Actually a video is better.  

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Terry said:

Maybe we are talking about a VF750 Magna not a VFR750F. Quite different bikes, but the Magna does have a camchain.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/1994/vf750c-a-magna-750c/cam-chain

Great observation.  If he'd post a pic or vid we'd know right away. 

Archived