Hog Tie '22 - Save the dates 23-25 SEPTEMBER

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Save the dates.  Sorry for the short notice, but dammit, I miss ya'll.

23-25 September

Details TBD as we're homeless since Debbie and Randall got out of the hotelery business.  I've looked in to a few different venues, and am actively searching for somewhere that can accommodate that isn't afraid of a bunch of middle aged sportbike nerds.

Please reply to this post if you're interested.  I know it's short notice, but a bit of a testing of the waters.  I need a rough guestimate to identify an appropriate spot.  I'm hoping somewhere between Harrison and Jasper.

Suggestions for a location are welcome.

I'm also looking at scheduling 2023 as the proper resurrection of this event, and it will be BIG.

Cheers,

Jon

• Member Contributer

This sounds real good to me. Been there many times on the Seca and ZRX, but it has been way too many years and I need to get in the habit of going back down there as it's really hard to beat.

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, jefferson said:

This sounds real good to me. Been there many times on the Seca and ZRX, but it has been way too many years and I need to get in the habit of going back down there as it's really hard to beat.

You're not wrong!

• Yokel pinned this topic
  • Member Contributer

I'm in as long as you allow big dirt bikes...

It’s on my calendar

once lodging is determined may round up some locals from MoMoLand to come join in

Its awesome to see this reviving as roads are a lot of fun in the area and have met outstanding people at this event in years past

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Looking like this year may simply be an inexpensive but "clean" motel.  I'm leaning towards the Super 8 in Harrison, AR.  Am told many groups use it. 

Feedback from the peanut gallery?

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

OK, well, since nobody is saying "NO" on the Super 8, I'll call them today and see about a block of rooms at a discount.

• Member Contributer

Alright all,

Looks like the Super 8 in Harrison Arkansas will be ground zero.  They are currently at 25% occupancy for these days.  I have not been able to get a straight answer on a block of rooms reserved, so it's up to you!   I'm finding rates at $77/day pretty common.  Suggest you book soon.

I'll be arriving a bit early in order to burn up some tires.

Cheers and see you in a few weeks.

• Member Contributer

Wow, I'm only maybe 2000 miles away, maybe...

image.thumb.jpeg.ac953ff59611e7258f303140f7dfb95d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f7101efb6762e6ebb709e30d32bbd576.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a47fdc556cbcb3616e2d3b396af41a90.jpeg

Please do Push Mountain Road/341 a few extra times for me. And watch out for the speed traps north end of 7.

Yeah, norcal resident jonesing for NE AR, what can I say, grass is greener.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Yokel said:

Alright all,

Looks like the Super 8 in Harrison Arkansas will be ground zero.  They are currently at 25% occupancy for these days.  I have not been able to get a straight answer on a block of rooms reserved, so it's up to you!   I'm finding rates at $77/day pretty common.  Suggest you book soon.

14 hours from CLT, no? 11 too far for me...

19 hours ago, Yokel said:

Alright all,

Lots of different riding groups stay at the Super 8.  The Quality Inn is the other 'affordable' option that moto groups/riders usually use.  Nothing special but clean.  Holiday Inn and Hampton are the nicer stops in town if that's what ya prefer or if you are a program member.   All are within a mile or so of each other so easy to meet up in the mornings.   This Yokel dude suggests he is arriving early.  I will probably need help keeping him in order so please show up and help if ya can.

• Member Contributer
58 minutes ago, Yokel said:

Please post here if you're planning on attending.

Just booked Sep 22-25 at Super8.  Is that where you are still?

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately, I live too far down the coast of Floriduh and quit my job, 5wks ago. If I’m loading my trailer, it’ll be loading it out of this shithole. 

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, ducnut said:

Unfortunately, I live too far down the coast of Floriduh and quit my job, 5wks ago. If I’m loading my trailer, it’ll be loading it out of this shithole. 

What's wrong with Florida except for the heat and humidity in the summer?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, 2thdr said:

What's wrong with Florida except for the heat and humidity in the summer?

The govt quotes 900+ people moving into FL, everyday. Housing is 2-3 times the cost it used to be, a couple years ago. Property taxes are through the roof. Congestion is so bad I regularly sit through 3 stoplight cycles, just to get to the next stoplight and do the same. Congestion in retail stores is the same, coupled with the shelves being wiped out (which is another topic). People seem to have the attitude of “I’m not from here. I don’t know you. Fuck you!”. That attitude is in workplaces, in businesses, and on the roadways. 

• Yokel unpinned and locked this topic

Archived