Hello from Scotty (SoCal)

Scotty

I first started riding at 15yo and my motorcycles have included a Honda S80, Honda CB125S, and a Kawasaki H1 triple. I also rode my brother's CB400F and CB1100F.

When I first saw the '87 VFR's at the dealer, I didn't feel anything was comparable from a beauty and tech standpoint and was hooked. Bought my first VFR700 in '89 as a repo with 1200 miles from Long Beach Honda for $3000 out the door and it became my main transportation. Unfortunately, I was working on it and had it inside an airplane hangar that caught on fire and it took a number of years to replace all the melted fairings. Luckily, the bones were still good. While restoring that one, I bought my second '87 VFR from a co-worker that had two (his other was candy blue). I finished the restoration of the first and mostly rode the second, but I've taken an unintentional hiatus for almost 10 years (mostly due to raising a family and E10 gas messing up the carbs on both bikes).

Recently, I got a bug up my a$$ and decided to get them running again and back on the road to enjoy. After some trials and tribulations they are now running. My original is fully stock and still very clean. The second is a work in progress . . . looks a little rough due to muffler corrosion and I want to update with more mods.

Scott

Picture of both bikes (about 10 years ago):

436219538_ScottsVFR700s.jpg.2abab7589598c65a99fdaa10452c1cf4.jpg

Original '87 VFR700 (current picture):

1276969580_OriginalVFR700.thumb.jpg.b16d8ea68e152b9408417414e928d345.jpg

Second '87 VFR700 (current picture):

1535342626_SecondVFR700.thumb.jpg.bf65b0f2a620579b0d5e3f6708435d1a.jpg

On my list of "Mods" for the second bike are:

Race Tech upgraded fork springs

Race Tech gold valve cartridge emulators

Superbrace fork brace

Fox rear shock/spring (with remote reservoir)

RKA soft saddlebags (requires rear blinker relocation???)

RKA soft tail bag

Florescent red/orange windscreen

Florescent red/orange powder coated wheels (in work)

Shortened rear fender

Lockhart upper and lower front bra (ugly???)

Scott

• Member Contributer

Welcome from Anaheim. I’m only a couple miles from Los Alamitos…

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from the Land Of Interesting Weather. You obviously have great taste in mc's.

Wishing you fun and safe riding.

Archived