Rear brake pedal adjustment

I was setting my rear brake pedal yesterday cuz it was too low. I managed to raise it how I like it but now rear brake is way agressive and locks the rear pretty easy. Before I could stomp on the pedal and it wouldn't.
Now I can't set the pedal back. Im turning the upper bolt counterclockwise and its going up. If Im going clockwise, it just unscrew and goint to to lower nut. Even the whole screw went out of mounting point...

-

This is how I found the locknuts to be:
l7Nn2Dy.jpg

-

As I know it should be like this:

SUtiHtt.jpg

-

Now procedure should be simple: I loosen the lower nut, and then turning the upper one. Counterclockwise I raising the pedal, clockwise I lowering it. Problem is that at some point, upper nut is not turning the screw but it just going down the screw when finally meets lower nut (first picture).

This is my current position:
BBaimcx.jpg

-

The position is ok, but I would like just a bit more down so the brake is less sensitive. But don't know how to do it when upper nut is doing nothing at this point. Any tips?

Its not like that I can't predict when it will lock up, and still I need to apply decent force but I would like it a bit lower. Any reason why I can't? 

• Member Contributer

Glad that you have the rear brake working properly. The service manual doesn't offer a lot of help in adjusting the pedal.

Archived