Music anyone?

Kbear

On 5/18/2022 at 5:50 PM, BusyLittleShop said:

If I can afford a ticket I listen to Fast beat Progressive House dance music...

if I can't afford a ticket I listen to channel Chill or slow beat dance music...
I have to be careful because my right wrist is so effective by the beat...

You and I would get along well. I don't listen to rock music. I listen to artist like Nora En Pure, Miss Monique, Ben Bohmer and many others. I subscribe to several YouTube channels such as AnjunadeepWork Music LabMonstercat SilkBetical Music and several others. I have a pretty extensive collection of music; it would take a long time to list them all. Good to know that there is someone else into this genre of music. Also have been into ambient music for a lot of years.

• Member Contributer

I do not want to look at my phone while riding. I got a Cardo packtalk slim just to be reachable in case my family calls while I am riding.

As for music, I usually rather listen to the engine but lately have the radio on at low volume. I can hear it at low speeds and the engine/wind takes over at higher speed.  The cool thing is that it is voice controlled and hands free. I also get turn by turn voice navigation from Waze if needed. The JBL speakers in the helmet work good with or without ear plugs (cheapo plugs).

I have tried to listen to my favored music but found it distracting. One time I was on the phone on the bike going over 60 mph and my friend did not even notice I was on the bike. These are my 2 cents.

14 hours ago, Wald said:

I have tried to listen to my favored music but found it distracting. 

Isn't it great how we can all have our own way of viewing things. I find music makes me concentrate more than if I wasn't listening to music.

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, Kbear said:

I find music makes me concentrate more than if I wasn't listening to music.

I agree,  in some situations I can focus better with music, just not when on two wheels.  At least for me.

• Member Contributer
57 minutes ago, Kbear said:

You and I would get along well. I don't listen to rock music. I listen to artist like Nora En Pure, Miss Monique, Ben Bohmer and many others. I subscribe to several YouTube channels such as AnjunadeepWork Music LabMonstercat SilkBetical Music and several others. I have a pretty extensive collection of music; it would take a long time to list them all. Good to know that there is someone else into this genre of music. Also have been into ambient music for a lot of years.

We are like minded... I invite you to bring your moozic and together we'll fire up my custom sound system that replicates a live concert...

CustomSoundSystem1.thumb.jpg.03c0936bd177668b888287ea18d3de0f.jpg

I've tried so many I can't count and found that the sound quality of the earbud matter less than the fit and seal. Block out the white noise and seal in the music and you will be happy with medium quality buds. They also must stay in place when sliding a helmet on. A skull cap helps with this when pulled down over the ears.

I found $30 JBL's that did fit and sealed and blew away earbuds that cost $100+ that sounded way better sitting on my couch. It's all about the application.

Everyone's mind works definitely some need though distractions to focus some prefer music to block everything else out. I fall in the latter category. When I don't have NPR on at work my mind wanders to personal matters and worries and dreams etc. The radio is a slight distraction but it keeps the distraction in the room. This applies even more to riding with music. In the country I like to let the images speak to me but in the traffic getting there music helps me keep my cool and focus on getting where I need to go.

13 hours ago, BusyLittleShop said:

We are like minded... I invite you to bring your moozic and together we'll fire up my custom sound system that replicates a live concert...

Man, if I only could I really would. Sounds like we would have way too much fun! 😎👍 Thank you for the invite!

• Member Contributer

I want my phone on my body when riding just in case something terrible happens. 100' down an embankment, you're going to be your first responder. It will be useless on the bike, tankbag, etc. 

I use a spare on the bike mount for free GPS to follow routes. I never run it for "directions."

10 hours ago, tomb393 said:

Everyone's mind works definitely some need though distractions to focus some prefer music to block everything else out. I fall in the latter category. When I don't have NPR on at work my mind wanders to personal matters and worries and dreams etc. The radio is a slight distraction but it keeps the distraction in the room.

i listen to NPR all day every day ! 

1776399762_blue5-15-22004.thumb.JPG.924be7478af1e75a3235cfa2ad05ea3a.JPG

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Kbear said:

Man, if I only could I really would. Sounds like we would have way too much fun! 😎👍 Thank you for the invite!

You're welcome... I checked out your moozic links today on the sound system and I was really getting in to it... 

Since 1990 I've burned 4 test CDs of excellently engineered tracks of the highest sound quality possible that I'm

sure will take you one step further... I don't know about you but I'm in the digital age... I prefer Sand Amps and CDs,

whereas some of my friends prefer the Analog age of Tube Amps and Vinyl... Passions are high... the debate never
ends... what are the pros and cons of high fidelity sound reproduction??? however we do both agree on perfecting

one's sound stage for optimal acoustics in both timber and tone... I could spend hours per day for years fussing

over my sound stage...

Archived