Bugbuster...where are they???

• Member Contributer

The creator, Rivcyko, did not I believe create or sell a lot of them.  He also made fiberglass huggers.  He made the last bugbuster probably 10or so years ago.  He hasn't been active here for over 5 years now.  If an owner has one and likes it, they're not likely to part with it.  If the bike goes to the breaker, they likely won't even know what it and thus not offering it.  It was nothing more than expanded plastic mesh which he formed and painted.  Probably not all that hard a DIY project. 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, mello dude said:

Sooooo....waht is it? Gotta photo? 🙂

Ask and ye shall receive . . . There was also a 6th gen version, as I recall it not have the external (black in the photo) portion - it just tucked up under the screen - I might be wrong about that.  I'll see if I can find something. 

spacer.png

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/25621-5th-gen-bug-busters/

Edit:

Here's the 6th gen iteration.  The plastic mesh is easy to find - I've seen it used to cover gutters to keep leaves out.  And wow, look at how minty-fresh that cam cover is on that then nearly-new 6th gen . . .

spacer.png

Strange coincidence... I just pulled my "new old stock" carbon fiber one out of my toolbox to install it. Rivcyko (Travis Paul) is on facebook and last I heard, he had just a couple left. The molds are long gone.

20220510_093353.jpg

• Member Contributer

While I think this mod looks great ( I would do it for the looks alone) I have never noticed a problem with bugs getting through this gap? Is the main issue getting hit by the bugs or having to clean bugs from a hard to reach area.

• Member Contributer

I find some insect carnage on the inside of my screen when I remove it for cleaning, tho I don't know how much of that is coming up and actually striking my helmet, etc.  It's not a big deal tho and since it's a dark screen, it's not visible. 

• Member Contributer
On 5/12/2022 at 8:40 AM, Cogswell said:

I find some insect carnage on the inside of my screen when I remove it for cleaning, tho I don't know how much of that is coming up and actually striking my helmet, etc.  It's not a big deal tho and since it's a dark screen, it's not visible. 

+1

On 5/12/2022 at 4:29 AM, Philois1984 said:

While I think this mod looks great ( I would do it for the looks alone) I have never noticed a problem with bugs getting through this gap? Is the main issue getting hit by the bugs or having to clean bugs from a hard to reach area.

I have actually had large bugs fly into the gap and hit me in the neck while riding.  Almost fell of the bike once, thought I had been shot LOL.  The Bug Buster put a stop to that. Plus it looks cool.

Archived