98-9 headers on 00

Marvish

Heyyo!!

sorry if this is a redundant post… i have a set of 98-9 headers that i want the have ceramic coated for my 00. The catless headers don't have the 2 rear collector pipes just the main body. Anyone know If the 2 rear pipes from my 00 fit with the catless setup? 
haven't been able to clarify if they are different and do not want to teardown until I know. 

mutt

• Member Contributer

The '98-99 parts have slightly different part numbers per Honda:

98-99:

image.thumb.png.b477a88bb2754cca884bacdb47b74ff6.png

00-01:

image.thumb.png.00ed011e98f1fc7ee4783c2f8c375193.png

That said - the difference between them is likely small given only the last three digits vary and the rest of the part # is the same. It is probably worth test fitting the combined setup prior to spending the money on ceramic coating. I expect that someone can verify firsthand, but a test fit would confirm with certainty. 

• Member Contributer

The early headers have a larger diameter than the later headers, as I understand it. 

FYI, the last three digits are where Honda encodes part revisions, supplier revisions and finish revisions.  They can and do make a big difference!

Ciao,

JZH  

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

they are absolutely different, I just did this conversion and was surprised the down pipes were bigger, fortunately my header came with them

FYI the down tube gaskets are different too

Archived