VFR 800 FXI 1998

Chips1340

Hello all

Can anyone please advise of the closest colour match to the factory silver, please for my 1998 VFR 800 FXI

They are looking there age and have the front end off to fit my new Gold wheels. 

Thanks

Steve. 

• Member Contributer

Do you mean the fairing paint code, or the fork paint code?  According to the Honda Parts Catalog, the 1998 OEM silver VFR paint code was NH-295M (Sparkling Silver metallic), but the VFR wasn't available in that colour in the USA (where most VFRD members reside!)  However, Honda may have used the same paint code on other models sold in the USA, so keep asking around.  Someone will probably recognise it.

If you mean the forks, that should be easier (and also no need to match exactly, since you'd be repainting both forks, I'd imagine.)  Personally I would get the fork lowers powdercoated, rather than painted.  Most powdercoaters these days have several shades of silver to choose from.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

A very close match to that silver is Dodge trucks P7 code or P3 depending on the year . I have done a few parts and it is a very close match ,just always seems a little brighter because of new vs old colour . I hope this helps .