Attesa Podium Club - Advanced Training

• Member Contributer

This last weekend, I got to participate in private training session at brand-new Attesa Podium Club track just outside of Casa Grande, AZ. Got started bright & early.

uc?export=download&id=1bGeizxSP_s-T87Rg4

uc?export=download&id=1tl9NMIOYBe0uO2jRo

Track is SUPERBE!! Perfectly smooth, slightly banked in some corners without ripple anywhere! Has longest front straight I've ever seen, 2200-ft !!!

uc?export=download&id=1F1Whw1J1EOcp5dSC3

I took VFR since Ninjette had engine pulled getting ready for race at IMR in 2-weeks.
uc?export=download&id=1y2ea1cWShq08fqB4q

Pitted next to Keith and Eric:
uc?export=download&id=1EV66ZDpoV0VBtAsxa

One of my coaches that day, Sean a pro-racer in MotoAmerica series.
uc?export=download&id=10-VyVzqOYoAPn3hGC

Another great coach who helped me with nervousness in corners, Jonathan and head-coach Philly.
uc?export=download&id=18x_2GniI5p0Qasx-y

We started out with some classroom topics. Then examined track on foot, with focus on specific corners. Did some follow-the-leader warm-up laps with our assigned coach and partner. I got paired up with another racer Nick.

uc?export=download&id=1bya45Acugmd01wEuj

They split the track into 2-sections with faster north track for cornering exercises and tighter south track for braking practice. Split us into two groups as well. Nick and I started with braking drills. 

After an hour of that we switched to north track and new set of coaches. Wow! I've never gone so fast in my life! Learn some new lines since big heavy bike needed different path than Ninjette. Also learned some relaxation exercises since I was getting tense & nervous with bigger bike (HRM alarm was going off constantly). 

uc?export=download&id=1qrNMcqF4hZuv4QxVF

After lunch, it was open-session on full-track with 2-sessions/hr. And we got 1-on-1 coaching on every session. I had 3 different ones who helped me with different topics. Overall, great experience and I really improved my riding on big bike! Can't wait for next class! :)

• Member Contributer

AWESOME Danno thanks for sharing. Fantastic looking track, glad you managed to stretch the throttle cable a little on the VFR. :fing02::wheel:

• Member Contributer

Sweet looking 2nd Gen! Nice to see it on the track as well!

Looks like some great training, especially on a brand new pavement.

Archived