Hi from Scotland.

ArgyllGoose

• Member Contributer

^^^ Agreed - we'd love to see photos of your ride and the Scottish landscape where you live.   

Cheers

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD pal; you've come the right abode! 🙂

• Member Contributer

Castleicious. Looks great. VFR outing in Scotland in 2023? 😛 IoM too? 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum ArgyllGoose. You obviously have great taste in mc'c.

20 minutes ago, mello dude said:

Radiator is in the tail? Does it use a Honda engine? 

Hi Mello dude,

Radiator is under the seat, designed that way to streamline the front end of the bike. Ducts at the front channel air through (thru guys) to the radiator drawn in by the rear mounted fans. Always lots of questions whenever you stop anywhere, particularly about the fans. The engine is Benelli's 900 cc triple, developed back in the late 90's, the bike then was their attempt to get into world superbike. By the time it got there, I think 1999?, the class had changed to 1000 cc. Needless to say it didn't compete again so Benelli decided to launch it as a road bike. Only 1539 of the 900 tre were made plus some RS models, 150 limited edition bikes and they also did an 1130 cc version.

But hey, isn't this a Vfr forum? :)

3 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Welcome to the asylum ArgyllGoose. You obviously have great taste in mc'c.

Hi, thanks. Used to be a honda man through and through (thru and thru) ;)

Pan, Goldwing, Fireblade, but then caught a bit of Italian fever, Guzzis, Duc etc. The Tornado is a keeper but glad I bought the vfr last year, for an 18 year old bike it's a real peach.

• Member Contributer

What is it like to ride? Similar to anything? Quirky like most of "these" bikes? 

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, ArgyllGoose said:

But hey, isn't this a Vfr forum? :)

True, it's a VFR forum,  but hang out long enough and you'll find most everybody here loves all kinds of bikes and posts that go with it.

All bikes are cool..:fing02:

:beer::beer::beer:

• Member Contributer

Scotland! We'll be visiting there mid to late April. Welcome to VFR. Benelli is a pure beauty. I have a Tuono Factory V4 as my Gen 5 stablemate. Was thinking of renting a bike in Edinburgh, for some light two up sight seeing,  if I can wrangle a couple extra days there before flying back to Los Angeles California. Cheers! 

On 3/24/2022 at 11:46 PM, bmart said:

What is it like to ride? Similar to anything? Quirky like most of "these" bikes? 

For someone of my height / size it fits like it's part of you, but for someone over 5' 11" or so the mirrors become fairly useless, the riding position can be heavy on the wrists, and leg position can be a bit uncomfortable, that said, the soundtrack is awesome from the triple. At nearly 200kg it's not light by todays standards but it handles well and the slipper clutch gets you out of any clumsy downshifts. 

• Member Contributer
On 3/25/2022 at 4:08 AM, VFR Capt.Bob said:

Scotland! We'll be visiting there mid to late April. Welcome to VFR. Benelli is a pure beauty. I have a Tuono Factory V4 as my Gen 5 stablemate. Was thinking of renting a bike in Edinburgh, for some light two up sight seeing,  if I can wrangle a couple extra days there before flying back to Los Angeles California. Cheers! 

Plenty of advice available as to the great biking roads. 

Archived