MAP for GEN 5 VFR with Power Commander 5

VicSev93

Hello everyone! first of all I want to thank this discussion board for its existence. As it has helped me fully engine swap, (same gen 5 V4) and upgrade my Gen 5 from the condition that it was in, to the beast that it is now! I have no ran into a little problem, and the people at Power Commander can't seem to help. I have a full Black Widow headers/tip and a K&N air filter. I was wondering if anyone here have, or know someone that has a MAP that would work best for this combination? I have been given a generic map from the PC guys. IMHO I feel like there are better MAPS out there, everyone recommended I go to the forums instead, as someone may have something, if you do, please reach out! 

Bike pic is of me cruisin' on my gen 5 beauty at an abandoned air strip. (I love this thing)

PXL_20211205_204913604.jpg

Dude! You stole my bike! LOL! Nah, my fork lowers are painted and I still have the original exhaust.  This is definitely the place for good oil on VFR's - even Gen5 and older.  Can't help re: Power Commander map sorry.  I picked up an ex-English model imported into NZ after a hard neglected life of salty roads with a long litany of predominantly electrical corrosion issues.  Our relationship vacillates between threats of fuel line cuts and matches, and kicking over in the surf and letting the sea finish the work it started.  And then there are the days when I prod her in the ass and she just howls with delight. That V4 is damn addictive.

Where's the abandoned air strip? Been over a fair bit of the states (well actually a fair bit of the world now) on 2 wheels, but don't recognise the backdrop at all. I'll dare to bet the VFR blew the snot out of Tom Cruise's ZZR (Top Gun pun)...

IMG-20201025-WA0000.jpeg

Archived