Oil cooler o-rings at engine history

• Member Contributer

My 93 keeps getting misted with oil on the clutch cover. It has a new gasket and the old one showed no signs of leakage. The only other place that came to mind was the oil cooler lines. Checking them out did show a build up of crud, but there were no drips and the bolts were tight. Plan on getting new o-rings and cleaning the front of the motor of what buildup is there. I was wondering if this has been an issue that is kind of common or occasional. Not sure about the oil from the line on the left making it all the way to the clutch cover on the right and the cover is clean at the front. Most of the oil is on  the cover that can be seen with the fairing in place. Anyone know of another place for the oil to emanate from? I can't imagine it would come from the oil fill and check plugs as they are always screwed in and tight.

• Member Contributer

Wires from/to pulse coils, come thru cover gasket surface in a sorta grommet type rubber “plug”, not unheard of for oil to escape there. Sealer around the cut-out in cover can help...

• Member Contributer

I have taken a flashlight and looked for where the wires come out and think they must be behind the coil and it looks dry there. I had a screw out of the bottom of the clutch cover where the bracket bolts on for the lower fairing/ I have seen several drips there that shouldn't be there just because one bolt is gone. I guess I should have Honda bonded the gasket because it makes sense that air currents would catch the oil and it would end up where it is.

Archived