Major (or not?) Service and Clean of a Gen 7

Yokel

• Member Contributer

I've finally gotten the suspension dialed in. 

Will start ordering parts soon for this winter update.

Looking at an LSL or Helibar swap and getting back into the top end of the engine.  Heated grips will be happening, as well as an install for a GPS setup.  

Had a great ride the other day with a fellow on a very nice multistrada.  

20220924_172846.thumb.jpg.c2681663eb4962f86cf45df6bcf6cb9f.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I've finally gotten the suspension dialed in. 

Will start ordering parts soon for this winter update.

Looking at an LSL or Helibar swap and getting back into the top end of the engine.  Heated grips will be happening, as well as an install for a GPS setup.  

Had a great ride the other day with a fellow on a very nice multistrada.  

The Roadsport 2's are wearing remarkably well.  For the money, I am hugely impressed.  Traction thus far is quite good, and feedback is fantastic.  

20220924_172846.thumb.jpg.c2681663eb4962f86cf45df6bcf6cb9f.jpg

• Member Contributer

Look at Koso heated grips. They have an integrated switch in the left grip and voltage protection. 

Having HeliBars and sat on another 5th Gen with the Webike handlebar kit, I’d take a handlebar kit, next round. The bars are placed closer to the rider, higher, wider, and flatter. 

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm starting to put together the list of things to do in Jan/Feb... but it all might be punted depending on money... 

I made a deal on a super-secret project for spring, and need to throw spare cash at that so I can get it in May.  🙂

In fact, the 1200 improvements may be put off to 2024, depending on how the new machine is after I get it home.

In the mean-time, I've been fettling with a BMW R1100R I picked up.  These bavarian machines are hilariously weird.

20221119_151953.jpg

Archived