(6th Gen) Can I have a small tailbag on the pillion seat ?

Mait

• Member Contributer

Excuse me if this has been discussed and there exists a perfect solution that I could not find.
I see the 5th Gen. had a couple of anchor points towards the front of the back seat and another two towards the back. But these are no longer there on the 6th gen.
Please let me know if I am missing something or if someone was able to DIY beautifully.
Thank you in advance.

Mait.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Mait said:

Excuse me if this has been discussed and there exists a perfect solution that I could not find.
I see the 5th Gen. had a couple of anchor points towards the front of the back seat and another two towards the back. But these are no longer there on the 6th gen.
Please let me know if I am missing something or if someone was able to DIY beautifully.
Thank you in advance.

Mait.

All things being equal, I had a tail pack with bungee cord hooks intended for something with anchor points securely mounted on my 6th gen in the past.  I think I put two hooks on the helmet loops under the saddle for security, or all four on the handlebars looped around.  

I am sure I was careful about the paint somehow but this was too long ago for me to remember, and I have the Honda top case now if I really need something beyond panniers and tank bag.

• Member Contributer

The 8th gen has loops for exactly this situation, they’re stapled onto the underside of the seat so shouldn’t be hard to fit some to yours 

I’ve been using a Kriega tailpack since the day I got the viffer

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Thumbs said:

The 8th gen has loops for exactly this situation, they’re stapled onto the underside of the seat so shouldn’t be hard to fit some to yours 

Edit: just looked at the Kriega, with those flat straps it might work.  But there is not a whole lot of space under the 6th gen saddle to work with due to the underseat exhaust.  The saddle also sinks down below the top of the cowl and there is a channel between the saddle and the upper surface of it, so keeping it from rubbing it would be key.

• Member Contributer
On 2/22/2022 at 11:01 AM, Thumbs said:

Hi, can you post a picture of how you have done it. That would be helpful. Thank you.

Archived