paul77

paul77

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, paul77 said:

hello  had my vfr800 vtec for about a mounth now  i was wondering how offten i should change the engine oil  i live in the uk 

Every 3-4K miles.  Enjoy!

• Member Contributer

Honda says 8k, and they're not wrong. I've had mine tested and it was still in great shape at 8k, even with track days, etc. 

• Member Contributer

My horses get fresh juice every 8000 miles or every 2 seasons. 

However, if you do not know when the last oil change happened, you may want to change it.

Most of the vfr owners are pretty religious about maintenance, this is my best guess, 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, bmart said:

Honda says 8k, and they're not wrong. I've had mine tested and it was still in great shape at 8k, even with track days, etc. 

I agree... Honda's engineers say going 8K will meet and exceed your mileage expectations and I've had Mr.RC45 tested track days and racing and the 30 grade oil was still serviceable to reach 8K and you don't ride an RC45 in moderation either it's more like WFO go straight to jail velocity!!!

My current favorite oil...
full-45634-35023-540ratmobil15w30sn.jpg

RC45Mobil5w30.JPG

• Member Contributer

The old car Mobil 1 was fine. Then the additives came. They left 15w/50 alone. Then they broke that too. I moved to their 4T once the clutch in every bike started slipping and have been using that for a while now. Of course, the Honda synth is great too. 

Archived