Noise after cam chain tensioner replacement

gropula

Hi, all! I've had the familiar noise coming from the cam chain while idling and during warm up. Figured it was CCT's. Ordered OEM from E-bay and replaced them both, didn't remove the throttle bodies, just the airbox for the front. The clacking metalic noise is now gone, but a new noise has appeared. It sounds like someone is using rattles with sand in them to play music. I filmed a video but the noise is not identifiable on it, but is very audible to the ear. It appears to come from the front CCT, but it's hard to be sure. Is this normal? Could it be that the CCT's need some time to break in? Or maybe that the tensioner blade is now firmly pressed against the chain and the noise is coming from the chain gliding over the tensioner blade? It kinda sounds like that... 

I guess I'm being overly cautious, after i reassembled everything and took it out of the garage it sounded alright. Did a small test ride just to confirm. It was probably just the garage amplifying the sound of the chain gliding over the blade.

Archived