OK, which one of yuse is this??

DannoXYZ

• Member Contributer

LOL, don't even get me started. I have two teenagers in the house and have to listen to these phrases all the time. It drives me nuts!

Regarding the YouTube clip, my uncle is guilty of exactly this. 

Long,  long time ago, mid seventies, when I was 8 or 9, he put me in the front of the bike and let me ride the bike on a fire road between fields while sitting behind me. Still remember, it was an old Jawa two stroke, burgundy color, no gear or helmets. I guess, that planted the seed. I am still thankful. Well, these were different times (good times!)

• Member Contributer

In '70s, my granpa put me on his scooter and showed me how to ride around. Originally, he had to build wooden box for me to stand on to see over bars.  At least he put salad-bowl helmet on me ! 🙂

GrandpaDanScooter.jpg.32440351424ec43826abcaede900e942.jpg

🤣🚨🥳 i got the bug when my uncle ran over me with a 1974 yz80😜. Crying, laughing angrily, as i was helped by the neighbor girl whom proceeded to scrub the tread marks off of my back, she asked my name and... oh uh shoot oh ya i miss the ol' days 🤭 

sorry no pics. We were a lil more careful with our outlaw bahahahavior🤪

My first motorcycle ride was at about six. My uncle showed up on a new BSA. He took each of us kids on a ride. My mother, who hated motorcycles, couldn't say no in this crowd. Off we went down a shell paved road in Florida with me in nothing but a bathing suit. When I was asked by the crowd how I liked it, I couldn't hold back how much fun it was going 80 miles an hour. My uncle is lucky he survived that day! 😀

• Member Contributer

Total. Thread. Hijack!

My brother was told that he couldn't live under my dad's roof if he bought a bike. All of his friends had them. He is 3 years older than I am. He brought his first bike home...a GS1150E. He didn't get kicked out. This sparked my interest and I never looked back! Started on a GS700ES in blue which I still think is one of the best looking bikes ever made. I don't recall being on a motorcycle before that. 

• Member Contributer
54 minutes ago, bmart said:

My brother was told that he couldn't live under my dad's roof if he bought a bike. All

My dad had the same reaction and told me to get a wheelchair instead (painting the picture) At the end of the day, my dad and my uncle went with me to look at a bike, which I bought. A Suzuki GT 250 X7. My mom had many sleepless nights unless she could hear that two stroke sound, she said she recognized the sound 1/4 mile away at night. The coolest thing is, she told me this 20 years later.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, bmart said:

Total. Thread. Hijack!

My brother was told that he couldn't live under my dad's roof if he bought a bike. All of his friends had them. He is 3 years older than I am. He brought his first bike home...a GS1150E. He didn't get kicked out. This sparked my interest and I never looked back! Started on a GS700ES in blue which I still think is one of the best looking bikes ever made. I don't recall being on a motorcycle before that. 

My dad didn't know I had a motorcycle for seven years.  Right now he doesn't know I bought it back last year...last he knew I sold it in 2011.  

What would really trip him offline is if he found out I gave my mom a quick ride around Austin in 2002.  She's been feigning ignorance for decades. 🙃

• Member Contributer

I can't tell you how many motorcycles my dad doesn't know I own! lol

Archived