Finally found a CBR600F3 front wheel

• Member Contributer

It was attached to a bike.

CBR600F3.thumb.jpg.e17ca35c9eb4ef33289867d44ad3450d.jpg

So I've been looking for an extra front wheel to paint along with my new 8 spoke that I'm gonna put on the 95 VFR. Going with a subtle Black Pearl that matches the inside of the Honda Wing on the tank. RC36-2 and CBR600F3 front wheels are the same, so I've been looking for both. I will box up both perfect original wheels into storage.

I'm waiting for my omelette pan to heat up and I decide to get on OfferUp and do my usual "Honda VFR" and "Honda CBR" search...

1 minute ago a listing for a complete (minus bodywork) 1996 CBR600F3 - $1

I scroll down convinced I'm gonna see trade for Quad / Truck / Weed... whatever... It says "FREE"!

Message him. Instant response. Tell him I can leave within the hour. This is 10:00 AM.

"I'm taking my kids to swimming lessons at noon".

"I will leave in 30 minutes"

"Perfect"

Back home in 2 hours with all the parts for another sweet 86 VFR wheel swap, including the whole F3 front end.

No Title - "Don't care"

Ran, but is spewing fuel now - "Don't care"

I Kreemed the tank - "Don't care"

Oh... and... you want this stuff?

F3_Extras.thumb.jpg.9cd8b81b68fe69fcd58d3c64af8bb187.jpg

Sure.

(I don't use Chain Wax... But it's brand new and if people are here before a ride and ask, "You got any chain lube?"... Yep.)

You find the bestest deals!!! I don't have much luck in the Coachella area because I am at least 2 hours out from the motorcycle mecca areas in LA. The bike deals are usually gone by the time I can get out there.

But I guess I am lucky enough to have about 10 rescued bikes, give or take 😅

That long ass phillips head screwdriver is just what the factory manual orders for pulling the throttlebodies on 6th gens, assuming you don't have one already of course... Great find. I've had no luck on a f3/f4 for wheel/fork upgrade for my 86, but i'm also not checking offer up, maybe i should expand the search a bit.

• Member Contributer

Hah!

Dude I was outa room 10 bikes ago. Doesn't seem to matter for really good deals.  Ive only actively sought out one in quite a few years, the 95 VFR.  Sold my whole AR80 collection for it.  So technically I did get rid of some bikes and free up some room, both floor space and storage shelves.

4 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

Hah!

Dude I was outa room 10 bikes ago. Doesn't seem to matter for really good deals.  Ive only actively sought out one in quite a few years, the 95 VFR.  Sold my whole AR80 collection for it.  So technically I did get rid of some bikes and free up some room, both floor space and storage shelves.

Lmao, I have the same 10 bikes limit set by my wife.......10 that she knows about 😉

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, DesertKyorugi said:

Lmao, I have the same 10 bikes limit set by my wife.......

That's not what I said.  ; - )  I said "10 bikes ago".  Very different. 

Apparently I don't have a limit.  At least not one imposed by my wife.  "Space" doesn't seem to to be a factor either.

Sometimes I look around and am very proud.  A lot times I look around and think I'm an idiot.  Usually depends on my alcohol level.

3 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

That's not what I said.  ; - )  I said "10 bikes ago".  Very different. 

Apparently I don't have a limit.  At least not one imposed by my wife.  "Space" doesn't seem to to be a factor either.

Sometimes I look around and am very proud.  A lot times I look around and think I'm an idiot.  Usually depends on my alcohol level.

Lucky! I reckon my wife wouldn't have any issue if we have the space........

• Member Contributer

I'm "around" the 10-bike limit myself (how do you count bikes in pieces, or bikes stored in other countries?), but I have always liked what an old US superbike racer whose name I have unfortunately forgotten once said in response to the question, "Why do you have ten motorcycles?"  

"Because that's all that'll fit in the garage!"

Ciao,

JZH

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

The RC36-2 and F3 wheel are the same.  They are only used on those two bikes and are harder to find (still straight) because of it.

They will bolt right on to the 90-93 VFR for a floating disc upgrade too.

I also do complete front end swaps on 1986 VFRs and the CBR & RC36 are good donors, size and length wise.

Thank God there are people like Captain 80's

After 50 years plus of hoarding , buying out two closed down Honda Dealers parts inventory and getting old I feel the same way some days

Thank God for Black Rum and memories

Keep up the hunt for two wheel treasures, with the small population and the internet up here the finds are hard to come by these days.

Archived