First post new owner to a 1991, need advice on transporting on a trailer

• Member Contributer

Holy Fuck that's nice.  Congrats.  I would have been driving more with the rear view mirror than the windshield.

Good job on the transport, but I hope you had the front wheel strap wrapped with something.

I agree with bmart on the angle, more forward helps keep them in place, but you lose a little side to side stability. 

That's why the Canyon Dancer is a great option in my strap bag when I don't have a plan for a bike because it's new to me, or it's an unfamiliar trailer or truck.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, DesertKyorugi said:

All original with the factory tool kit, rust free California bike

Rust free? Oh how we dream of that!

Beautiful bike, glad you got her home safe. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Wow,  you have both the seat cowl and the impossible to find side stand fairing.  Honda called the gold on those wheels "Summer Blond Metallic".  It's a very light gold that sparkles in the sun - just stunning with the red when it's all cleaned up and polished.  Great score!

Yes, the front wheel was strapped with a piece of 2x4 to prevent the bike from going to far forward and crunching the lower fairing. It secures the bike so well that I decided to strap the handlebar further sideways for less side to side. Also, the rear straps on the peg were very good with side to side as well.

She sat in the garage for a long time. PO tried to get back into riding a couple of years ago, gas tank was rusted and he tried to fix it. Gave up and she sat for another year before I bought it yesterday. It has 22k miles, bike is rust free(I checked) except for the gas tank.

I just spent the whole morning giving her a check-up. Everything is all good except for the gas tank and carbs. She idles beautifully with starting fluids.

A big thank you to you guys for helping me getting her home safely. Now the work begins and I am going to need your help again figuring out what's missing on the fuel system

PXL_20220116_221521933~3.jpg

Archived