2022 VFRD Spring Memorial Ride 5/19-5/22

On 4/22/2022 at 11:19 AM, ducnut said:

Well, I’d be lined up for a Tiger 660, if they came with electronic cruise control. I’ve ridden most of Triumph’s lineup and I thoroughly enjoyed the Trident. I just need a more accommodating cockpit and passenger perch than that bike offers. 

I think that's the only complaint I've seen about the bike so far. I'm sure that, based on all of those reviews, someone is working on a unit for the bike right this minute. I personally never ride where I would use it. I prefer a throttle lock for quick use of two hands and that's about it.  

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, timmythecop said:

Alright, you bastages....you talked me into it.

Good for you Timmy; now I'm even more disappointed I can't make this great party.

• Member Contributer

Is there any rough plan for routes/meals/etc? (I have some restrictions.) Weather permitting, I'll be there for some of the days and bringing a friend (on another Honda). Hotel is booked!

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, bmart said:

Is there any rough plan for routes/meals/etc? (I have some restrictions.) Weather permitting, I'll be there for some of the days and bringing a friend (on another Honda). Hotel is booked!

And your OEM windscreen will be saving your neck.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:57 AM, bmart said:

We all break up into small groups and walk or ride to meals. There is no plan other than we all show up for these days. As for the rides, if you talk to a few folks you will get an idea of a group to hang with. Most of the folks who've been coming know who's who and will be happy to offer advise.  The goal is for everybody to have fun. Pretty easy when we all are on motorcycles.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:22 AM, Sweeper said:

The goal is for everybody to have fun.

And to get back to the hotel unscathed each day!  😉 

I haven't attended the spring ride for several years.  But if I remember correctly, just talking with various folks the night before will give you an idea who's going where, what roads they want to hit, about how many miles they're planning to ride (or number of hours out that day), and - most importantly - what kind of pace they're planning to run.  The groups tend to form around those parameters.  I think most groups back then were 4-6 people, maybe a few more with the more leisurely pace group.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  Like I said, it's been a while since I did this ride.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, timmythecop said:

20220502_140025.thumb.jpg.6279c731275e70188a74851082c4375f.jpgYall said May 1-9, right...

I see by the expression on your face they still offer this 'fantastic' free breakfast? :tongue:

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Dutchy said:

I see by the expression on your face they still offer this 'fantastic' free breakfast? :tongue:

Good thing Huddle House is across the street!

• Member Contributer

Another vote for safe riding for all.

And I'd like to add a request for lots of pictured of the festivities and frivolities so I can enjoy your great times vicariously. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

I'll likely run a little boring GoPro, which I am still unable to get YouTube to publish as I send it. lol

Planning to arrive on the 19th before lunch and head home Saturday in the afternoon of the 21st to swap bikes on the trailer for track day. 

• Member Contributer

Hotel reservation booked. See y'all on the 19th.

Bill Mersch, aka Mister Bill

• Member Contributer
On 5/3/2022 at 9:05 AM, Dutchy said:

@V4 Rosso

Is this your long lost twin brother?

image.thumb.png.22d016278dd458b3655dcd40f2febb62.png

Be like Timmy :tongue:

20220513_091746.thumb.jpg.28ea61a31dfbb3febb469c8018189aa7.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting some new people this weekend!

Anyone coming in on Wednesday?

I'll be in mid afternoon on Wednesday. I know that there will be a few people already there by then. I ended up adventure riding on my 660 today so now I have to clean it and the truck and trailer tomorrow.

• Member Contributer

I’m bringing my No-Mar setup, just in case someone has tire issues. Plus, 3 bikes. 😬

I'm planning to arrive by early evening on Thursday.  Looking forward to seeing a few old friends and making some new ones.  Oh, and riding.  A lot.  😉 

Archived