We are starting the year off in good shape for VFRD

• Forum CEO

I was surprised to see so many of you donate at the new year to keep vfrd up and running, it put the budget over the top and I have some reserve for this year.  

Nothing has changed as far as I can see for the coming year, in terms of how much expenses are for VFRD, I found a better server last year and upgraded and it actually was slightly cheaper to run that the old one, but it performs much better.  They even have a better backup system then the old server had, the automated routine is so much easier to managed, set it and forget it. I am amazed at how tech improves each year. 

Thanks for the many group rides, rallys, local events you have all done together in 2021, keep the rubber side down, stay safe and keep on riding - vfr or no vfr!

I still have the Veefalo, last year I upgraded the suspension front and back, rebuilt the Ohlins and put in new fork cassettes that have both compression and rebound adjustment.  It feels good, now this winter it will be time to change out the coolant, clean up the road grime, and do some maintenance. It needs new shoes, brake pads, and some extra lovin. I also picked up a 2008 KTM Superduke last May. A used KTM and spent alot of time fixing that up too.  Now I can have my buddies fly in and ride with me on my spare bike.  I have a little 150 Honda PCX too that I ride around town, its a hoot - its the perfect Urban assault vehicle/Grocery getter. 

I still love to ride motorcycles - and I love VFRD too. Too bad that pesky work thing keeps getting in the way! HA 

• Member Contributer

Thank you for all that you do for us. This is a great forum. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, bmart said:

Thank you for all that you do for us. This is a great forum. 

I second that! Yes, a great forum. Thank you!

• Member Contributer

Glad to hear the American Bison Facts | Buffalo is still going stong, no even betterder than before!!!

I's good to see this forum just goes on and on and on.

On and on and on. 😁

Don't know I will ever have another bike as long as I had the VFR, about 17 years.

Rock on Miguel. 👍

• Member Contributer

Thank you Miguel for all your hard work in keeping my favorite interweb site going. I really cannot say how much I love this place.

• 6 months later...

Started the year off great but now not so great!🤨  I'm off to do my part. If you haven't yet, now is a great time to donate.

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Bump!

Please donate to VFRD, even if it's only $5 or $10 USD. We're at <60% of the budget, a budget which is pretty tiny to begin with. Help Miguel keep this great site going.

I've never spent much time on VFRWorld but It seems like it is experiencing significant down time, probably because whomever keeps it running does not have the resources needed. Miguel created and maintains VFRD (no ads!) for about $3K/year--and probably many, many hours of his free time.

As anyone who visits even once a month can see, there are fewer and fewer folks here on average. Please help keep VFRD live and helpful by coughing up a few bucks.

(yeah, Honda could help too by building another amazing V4...)

6.3.04 001.jpg

Archived