Thinking of a 3rd VFR, but...

Skids

• Member Contributer

Would a rough respray of the rear sprocket, hub and lower shock mount cause you to forget this as an option despite the fact it is in very good condition though a bit pricey. I'm a little concerned that if they've spray painted them what else have they tried to hide?

2001 Honda VFR 800 F Long MOT, Delivery Available 781cc for sale for £3,300 in Keighley, West Yorkshire (autotrader.co.uk)

IMG-20211129-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20211129-WA0004.jpg

• Member Contributer

No, it's a dealer and I want to get things straight in my head before I pick up the phone. 

• Member Contributer

The edge of that hard bag bracket appears to have met the ground at some point.  Perhaps related to that?

• Member Contributer

Looks like new(er) chain and sprockets?  They were likely just doing a quickie refresh while they were in that area.  Those areas can get stained and don't clean up all the way.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Captain 80s said:

Looks like new(er) chain and sprockets?  They were likely just doing a quickie refresh while they were in that area.  Those areas can get stained and don't clean up all the way.

Yes, it could be just that. The rest of the bike looks very good. A friend has given it a once over as it's over 100 miles away. 

Looks like silver overspray on the tire and the lower chain guide. Whoever did it wasn't very crafty. May just be part of the dealer's normal cleanup on used equipment. A lot of small dealers here do that with cars. A good thirty footer without a lot of effort. I'd be sure and use it against them in the negotiations.

• Member Contributer

That collector box will most likely turn brown again quickly. Which is not much of an issue in itself.

I have a tub of black paste one smears on wood burning stoves and chimneys for that very reason.....

They could have spruced up that lower chain guard with a thin rub of vaseline...

I'd still say you better get that SP1 or SP2..... :beer:

Archived