My turn at MBD

Congrats on your new FTR, and what a beauty!  🙂

I've liked the FTR since it came out, but the first gen. was just too tall for me.  Now that they're a bit lower and have put standard street size wheels (and tires) on it, it's a more attractive option.  If I didn't already have a naked standard I'd consider buying a new one.

Would love to read a review if and when you have time to write one.

• Member Contributer

Well done!  Keep up the good work!

Like the look of that Indian, until I saw the last image....

FFS, that licenceplate holder come indicators is fugly beyond belief.

Your mission

-should you choose to accept it :laugh:

is to farkle something aesthetically pleasant instead...

• Member Contributer
39 minutes ago, Hawkeye Driver said:

It’s a 2022. 

Great!

The 2019 model (in Germany) was deemed to have a few issues that I trust Indian have ironed out...

17 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Great!

The 2019 model (in Germany) was deemed to have a few issues that I trust Indian have ironed out...

Biggest complaint on the early FTRs was the fuel mapping.  A lot of complaints. Reviews on the 2022 indicate that’s been sorted out.  Minor bits were also the foot pegs and cheap/flimsy rear turn signals.  Both are changed on the 2022.  I’m not thrilled with the new rear signals or the entire rear fender.  Already looking for suitable tail tidy replacement. 

• Member Contributer

I think that Indian FTR R Carbon is one fabulous looking Machine. Would you care to load a sound bite?

4 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I think that Indian FTR R Carbon is one fabulous looking Machine. Would you care to load a sound bite?

It’s f’ing cold here right now.  I’ll try to post up a video clip this weekend. 

19 hours ago, mello dude said:

Sweet bike! Looks fun! Give us a ride report when its time.... Got any mod plans for it?

I’ll delete the rear fender.  Maybe replace mirrors with bar end mirrors.  Pig tail for battery tender is OEM as is a USB port so no need to mess with that stuff.  

• Member Contributer
59 minutes ago, Hawkeye Driver said:

Fuel tank is under the seat so no idea how to add capacity.  More would be nice but it is what it is.  Only 3.4 US gallons. 

A shame that its not around 18 litres, otherwise I think its a great bike. Down here in Oz, you need something that will get you further than a couple of hundred kilometres on a tank, if you head in to the boonies!

Archived