Why Should You Ride a Motorcycle?

• Member Contributer

I was getting grumpy with his reasons! lol

For me it is putting on the helmet and focusing on something I'm (still) good at. I like the solo time in my head, even if I'm leading others. I have made many friends through riding, but am about as far as one could be from being a social motorcyclist. When I meet people who do it to look or (pretend to) be cool, I avoid them...long term. I love the coaching/teaching aspect, but i'll eventually age out of that...and it won't be easy for me! I also truly enjoy working on them, which most people I know hate. 

It'll be interesting to hear what others think. 

• Member Contributer

I ride because it's necessity for my ADHD.

Otherwise, I'd have to be on lots of drugs.

• Member Contributer

The best drugs come from Honda (and Yamaha...and Subaru)!

• Member Contributer

I can agree to few statements there, however, most of it is too stereotype (at least for me) When I put the helmet on, everything (stress, problems and so on) disappears. It is only me, engine, tires and the road. The twistier, the better. The pure focus on the ride and being in sync with the bike is pure relaxation, it is hard to explain. End of story.

No, there is nothing sexy about carrying a helmet and leathers when not on the bike. 

Ooh, let's not forget the grease on the finger tips and nails from wrenching (always trying to find the perfect bike settings)

• Member Contributer

When people ask me why I do this,  my reply is "if I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand".  

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the vid.

If I were new to motorcycles, and watched this video, my thoughts might be:

Good thing it never rains when you ride a bike.

Do the Japanese make motorcycles? I guess not.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Cogswell said:

When people ask me why I do this,  my reply is "if I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand".  

It is funny, and we've all used it, but...

It doesn't help to grow the sport and keep it healthy. Maybe offer to discuss it with them, ask them what they think it feels like, or offer to take them for a ride and a burger. Teaching moment, maybe?

I took his post in the context of a little tung and cheek. He was making some valid points while having fun with telling his viewers how fun and cool it is to ride a motorcycle bug splatters and all. Think he was having fun with some of his stock footage. Not sure he meant it to be dissected into a negative breakdown session. I could be wrong.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Kbear said:

I took his post in the context of a little tung and cheek. He was making some valid points while having fun with telling his viewers how fun and cool it is to ride a motorcycle bug splatters and all. Think he was having fun with some of his stock footage. Not sure he meant it to be dissected into a negative breakdown session. I could be wrong.

Exactly how I read it.

Whoever he is though, he needs to change his vocal style.....sounded more like, well, someone you wouldn't want to leave alone in a room with your kids. 😬

Archived