All the Best for 2022

• Member Contributer

Happy New Year VFRD! My resolution is to ride (many) more miles in 2022. That was my resolution last year too--I didn't do as well as I wished.

Anyway, last ride of 2021 today, photos below. It was less than 50 degrees F when I headed out! (insert image of Canadians rolling their eyes here) 

F373DA55-9509-419F-ABE4-59C260853A3E.jpeg

4184251E-D487-467B-B212-4ACE3B1A08AE.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Great shots! CA is beautiful. 

How is that tank bag when you're leaned into it? It looks like it would cut you half. lol

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, St. Stephen said:

Happy New Year VFRD! My resolution is to ride (many) more miles in 2022. That was my resolution last year too--I didn't do as well as I wished.

Anyway, last ride of 2021 today, photos below. It was less than 50 degrees F when I headed out! (insert image of Canadians rolling their eyes here) 

F373DA55-9509-419F-ABE4-59C260853A3E.jpeg

4184251E-D487-467B-B212-4ACE3B1A08AE.jpeg

I'll second that.  Happy NY and safe riding to all. 

:beer:

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, bmart said:

Great shots! CA is beautiful. 

How is that tank bag when you're leaned into it? It looks like it would cut you half. lol

bmart, good observation. When I was attaching it after purchase, and kept moving it rearward, because it interfered with full lock-to-lock steering, I thought the same.

But having done straps for many years, and not wanting magnets (or not able to with plastic "tanks"), I love the tank locks. To answer your question, no, it does not interfere in any way with my movement on the bike, not cut in half, yet.

In fact, I did 1000 miles with our bay area VFRD group in 2017--in 36 hours--with just a tank bag, with the ring lock:

62748960-FD2A-42B6-ABDF-BDC26F63E0E7.jpeg

• Member Contributer

50F is great!  I don't see any white stuff, and if it gets cooler, just put on the long sleeve t-shirt under your jacket so you can ride into the 30's.  😁🤓

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

bmart, good observation. When I was attaching it after purchase, and kept moving it rearward, because it interfered with full lock-to-lock steering, I thought the same.

But having done straps for many years, and not wanting magnets (or not able to with plastic "tanks"), I love the tank locks. To answer your question, no, it does not interfere in any way with my movement on the bike, not cut in half, yet.

In fact, I did 1000 miles with our bay area VFRD group in 2017--in 36 hours--with just a tank bag, with the ring lock:

62748960-FD2A-42B6-ABDF-BDC26F63E0E7.jpeg

Huge props to the hardass riding the RC51. 🙇‍♂️

Happy New Year to all my VFRD friends!  🙂 

I managed to get one more ride in on 12/31, too.  It was overcast but warm enough here in NE Ohio, around 50 degrees.  It was a nice way to end a pretty good year of riding for me.

Everyone have a terrific and safe 2022!  👍

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, TimC said:

Happy New Year to all my VFRD friends!  🙂 

I managed to get one more ride in on 12/31, too.  It was overcast but warm enough here in NE Ohio, around 50 degrees.  It was a nice way to end a pretty good year of riding for me.

Everyone have a terrific and safe 2022!  👍

Happy New Year!  Yeah, just rub it in. I was hoping to do the same, but first they salted the roads after X-mas and then it rained on last day of the year. Well, I had to settle for a mountain bike ride on wet leaves. It was still fun.

• Member Contributer

Looking forward to lot's of rides this year as well! Although I just picked up Mtn biking again to get my old arse in shape. Not getting any younger...

Hey Noel, let me know your rides, and I will try to tag along if possible. Only if it's dry though, don't need a repeat of the Tenere incident... :unsure:

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, RC1237V said:

Looking forward to lot's of rides this year as well! Although I just picked up Mtn biking again to get my old arse in shape. Not getting any younger...

Hey Noel, let me know your rides, and I will try to tag along if possible. Only if it's dry though, don't need a repeat of the Tenere incident... :unsure:

Will do. Looks like we have a stretch of dry weather coming up, although the back roads are pretty greasy.

"the Tenere incident"  😆  I looked up the rain totals after that ride, and I believe Gualala had almost two inches that day!

• Member Contributer

Knobbies on a damp road with clay spots all over it, and a 20mph turn made for the slowest low side in the history of motorcycling. I just bought the AX41 Adventure Cross, so as soon as my Baja Designs Tire tool comes in, I will slip them on. Also converting the rear to tubeless, so I only have to carry one size tube. Have some Dunlop Sport Smarts for the 12 Hundo, so I should be good until summer! Hopefully get them mounted this weekend :wheel:

Archived