noobie from Massachusetts

98Taylor

Hi all, 

I'm Taylor, I'm new to the forum. In august I bought a well-kept '98 VFR 800 from the original owner with just over 5k miles on the clock. Battled reg-rec issues for much of the fall, but got that sorted after lots of lurking here and on the other VFR forum. Thanks to everyone who posted such useful info. 

A little about me, I've been riding for a couple years. My prior and first bike was an '04 Buell Blast. I also have an '09 Tacoma and '67 Chevelle in the garage, both of which I like to wrench on and modify. I do most of my own maintenance on everything, and plan to do the same with my VFR. I'd say I'm a competent shadetree mechanic. 

Looking forward to getting to know you all and maybe meet some new riding friends. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome, you've found the right place.  Some pics of that would be great.  Makes me wonder what the lowest mile 5th gen remaining has on it.   About 5+ years ago there was one on ebay with less than 100 - an accessories manufacturer had bought it as a fit-model for its products.  AFAIK it never surfaced here on VFRD so its fate is unknown. 

• Member Contributer

Hi Taylor and a warm welcome to you (like about 38degC where I am). As Cogswell states, better post a nice pic of your ride or we won't believe you:tour: 5gen is a fantastic bike once the electrical gremlins have been sorted, sounds like you're well on the way to achieving that.  A Very lucky purchase by the sound of it.

With 5k miles on the clock its just about due for its first service!!:wheel:

Cheers.:beer:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

Been to MA a couple of times in the previous millenium :laugh:

Archived