NC/TN/WV/KY maybe northern SC/GA fun road request

bmart

• Member Contributer

Likely in April and September, I plan to make two long weekends or one week+ trip for an all mountain road extravaganza. With all that covid has caused, some of the places on my list, like Hiwassee BBQ just north of Ducktown, TN, have closed, but many others seem to be keeping their heads above water. Aside from delicious low $ meals, I'm hoping to hit some other high points along the trip, perhaps museums and caverns.

Looking to stay in the south east, riding in NC/TN/WV/KY, maybe dipping a Dunlop into northern SC/GA. I'm going to pull some roads out of the old Extreme Twisties book, as well as drawing on Al Gore's Internet for some winners.

If you are so inclined, feel free to drop me a note, online or off, with any sites, food, or roads that you think I shouldn't miss.Thank you!

image.png.601cf7d42576a6e23f18728fc871360d.png

If you are flexible on the date, the Spring Memorial Ride is mid May(19-22) out of Franklin. There are a few of us who usually meet the weekend before and ride "all the good roads" before the event. If you look in the South forum, there are some routes from previous PreRides. You might also see if @VFRpwr has some input. He has a treasure chest full of good roads. The FallRide will be late September out of Little Switzerland. 

• Member Contributer

Franklin is awesome. I’ve been there ~dozen times. There are better roads in the area than the most famous one. If you don’t mind fire roads, there are even more opportunities for exploring. 

This guy does a lot of good maps:

https://www.facebook.com/BlueRidgeMotorcycleRides/

I need to inquire about time off, for next spring’s event. 

Archived