Canadian off-season

Veefer800Canuck

• Member Contributer

The SP2 looks as good as ever, Rob.

I look at a nice shop space like that and think 'I should have planned my life better?' My old girl needs that kind of attention, too, but an open carport isn't conducive to a teardown like that.

19 hours ago, Veefer800Canuck said:

Complete brake system rebuild, CeraKote calipers by Sebspeed, new seals and brake pads and lines, new clutch hydraulics, coolant flush and fill, and (re)ceramic coat the manky exhaust system. 

E57982BC-636B-4B26-813D-78D72329CD53.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lorne said:

The SP2 looks as good as ever, Rob.

I look at a nice shop space like that and think 'I should have planned my life better?' My old girl needs that kind of attention, too, but an open carport isn't conducive to a teardown like that.

Thank you Sir. I spent a year totally rebuilding my garage. New concrete floor, doors, windows, electrical, lighting, heat, insulation and vapour barrier, sheathing and paint. 

C21E8910-8453-4564-99A4-3D88C286BF5E.jpeg

On 12/15/2021 at 2:02 AM, Veefer800Canuck said:

Thank you Sir. I spent a year totally rebuilding my garage. New concrete floor, doors, windows, electrical, lighting, heat, insulation and vapour barrier, sheathing and paint. 

C21E8910-8453-4564-99A4-3D88C286BF5E.jpeg

All that space! Where is all your stuff? Mine had more in it before it was even finished!

On 12/17/2021 at 7:45 AM, Sweeper said:

All that space! Where is all your stuff? Mine had more in it before it was even finished!

Oh there’s more stuff in it now! 

I finished building my shelves, moved in 3 workbenches and all my tools, and a ton of other stuff. 

that was still in the “during” phase, before I got everything sorted. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

How did I not notice until today that you have one of Honda's elusive testa rossa engines in your SP2 😉

Indeed, the rear cam cover can be seen peeking out in the 1st photo in your thread.

On 12/19/2021 at 3:58 AM, Veefer800Canuck said:

Got the exhaust all bolted up, now waiting on the brakes. Need more parts. 

6A9EEED3-B392-4592-89E9-9C30093BFE4D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 2:03 PM, Lorne said:

How did I not notice until today that you have one of Honda's elusive testa rossa engines in your SP2 😉

Indeed, the rear cam cover can be seen peeking out in the 1st photo in your thread.

Turned out to be more pink than red, but here we are anyway…..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Congratulations on the resurrection of your lovely VFR.

Now you've got me thinking that I ought to paint my callipers gold. They'll still be the standard 3-pot linked ones, but it'd perk up the front of my VFR nicely. After all, it is white/black much like yours.

8 hours ago, Lorne said:

Congratulations on the resurrection of your lovely VFR.

Now you've got me thinking that I ought to paint my callipers gold. They'll still be the standard 3-pot linked ones, but it'd perk up the front of my VFR nicely. After all, it is white/black much like yours.

Have Sebastian CeraKote them, like he did mine. 

Brake fluid isn’t kind to paint. 

• Member Contributer

Wow Veefer.  Not only have I never had a bike that clean, I've never had a garage that warm. I guess a warm garage and four months of no riding allow you to do that. That's my excuse anyway.  😎

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, Veefer800Canuck said:

Have Sebastian CeraKote them, like he did mine. 

Brake fluid isn’t kind to paint. 

The ABS models have gold calipers and I've always liked that - adds some interest to the color scheme.   At the risk of not keeping my 5th gen 100% stock,  maybe doing the same on it could be a good wintertime project.  Hmmm . . . 

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Cogswell said:

The ABS models have gold calipers

A slight correction: not all ABS VFR800s had gold calipers, my '09 has black ones.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Lorne said:

A slight correction: not all ABS VFR800s had gold calipers, my '09 has black ones.

And,  it's the cover shot right now!  DOH!  And she's a beauty!  There goes my diploma from the Honda school of observation!!  :laugh:

• Member Contributer

"I'm standing here beside myself." OR "Stop talking about me behind my back under my nose!"

Archived