Quick Poll: Are you using Chain Lube or Chain Paste?

VFR80025th

• Member Contributer

I recommend Motul Chain Paste... squeeze the white grease from the
tube and load the brush... Hold the loaded brush to the inside of the
chain rollers to transfer the white grease... After a couple of spins
of the chain it's lubed like from the Factory... Motul Chain Paste
clings with no flings...

IFSsIxV.jpg
sNNeKhh.jpg
gaR69pV.jpg

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, BusyLittleShop said:

it's lubed like from the Factory

Which is for resisting rust during storage and shipping. Most remove all of that crap before using it. This is a product I don't understand unless one is planning to store the bike for some period. 

• Member Contributer
On 12/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, FJ12Ryder said:

I dunno, looks like a good attractant for sand and dirt to collect on, and work their abrasive magic. 🙂

Especially down here in the SouthWest, aka the SandBox.

(Can't imagine Platte City without Sonny Hill!)

• Member Contributer

FJ12Ryder, I lived up there from '89 to '92, worked down in KC, in MO, then KS.  That was during my "Harley phase.  

• Member Contributer

Cool beans. I've lived here since 2001, and lived up in St. Joe before that.

On a different subject, we've been thinking of heading south next winter for a little snowbirding. Any decent RV parks near? And more importantly, good

motorcyling roads? We stayed near Angelfire some years back and liked the area, but thinking a warmer area for the winter.

• Member Contributer

FJ12,

There's a big RV park on the west side, bound to be others.  (Just not something on my radar)  Eastern NM is high grasslands, roads are purty straight.  The 'quadrant' west of I-25, north of I-40 is loaded with great twisties!  South of I-40 and West of I-25 is good close to the mountainous areas.  The Rockies fizzle out that far south. 

North will always be cooler, partly because of latitude, but more because of elevation.  Albuquerque is a mile high, the Sandia Mountains on the east side of town peak at 10,400'.  (The Crest Road going up the east side of the Sandias is a local favorite.)  Temps here are a happy medium between cold up north and HOT further south.

Come on down!!     

Archived