Moto GP vs F1

Skids

• Member Contributer

Well, if today's bullsh1t ending to the F1 race  farce didn't confirm it for you, nothing will.

Race control decided not only the race result but the World Championship result too by effectively saying forget the previous 57 laps, you 2 start a one lap sprint with one of you on highly worn hard tyres, the other on brand new soft tyres and we'll see who wins.

Bike racing is racing, none of this engineering of excitement by generating passing in the pit stops or DRS or other bolleaux.

Rant over.

• Member Contributer
Just now, V4 Rosso said:

So, the brit lost, eh? 🙃

Good ….he’s a whiny fucker like Redding….

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, V4 Rosso said:

So, the brit lost, eh? 🙃

It wouldn't have mattered if it had been the other way around, it's still bolleaux.

A hollow victory either way.

• Member Contributer

I stopped watching F1 decades ago because of this BS! I think it was Trois Rivieres in Montreal back in '90s. Damn rain! Interesting thing was it allowed comparison with Indy/Champ cars which ran exact same course months later in dry weather

• Member Contributer

Way back then, I watched F1, Celtics/Lakers, and AMA racing. Things sure have changed!

• Member Contributer

Ze Zjermas decided not to take ze multiple window für a Reifenwechsel.....

IMG-20211212-WA0021_copy_1520x2027.thumb.jpg.e100ac89a0d64c8752589ec8ca0074bf.jpg

• Member Contributer

And now they are just a bunch of whiney cunts.  OOOPS did I use the c-word? I  thought I was merely thinking that...

I would surprised if Lewis is supporting Mercedes' tomfoolery.

• Member Contributer

Skids, best advice I can give you is to do a wee session like I did last night....

20211211_214358_copy_2854x1507.thumb.jpg.5f75f597050ec4b015eb7ce525bb2928.jpg

Decanter holds Arbeg 10.

And lets be honest about it...

IMG-20211212-WA0020.jpg.36b1df8f37bf277d3b87fe87fd082d8b.jpg

And NO, it has f all to do with skin color.

I was SO happy to see Verstappen win !!

Yes, The Hamster is whiny.   A bit of a racist, too, IMO.

About time there was a different F1 champion; the non-UK world is tired of The Hamster.

Go Max.

• Member Contributer

DRS is "wrong", a bit like telling Usain Bolt to carry  10kg backpack.

• Member Contributer

It did seem a pretty crap way to decide a championship, but given that it's F1, I wasn't particularly surprised...

Ciao,

JZH

I was hoping to catch some of the race on TV but didn't.  I don't really follow F1, or much other racing either really.  But I'll add that few people on this side of the pond follow F1.  NASCAR yes, but generally not F1 and Indy Car.

Regardless of league, it's frustrating feeling like the guys in charge are putting their fingers on the scale to help certain drivers win.  Do it often enough and fans will feel the whole thing is rigged, so why bother watching the races, let alone attend one?

• Member Contributer

A two lap sprint winner takes all final? Yeah. That sounds awful. Racing was much better when Marquez would seal the championship with 4 rounds to spare.

And yes, I know it was more complicated than that. And still, I don't care. Hamilton could have had it if he took defensive lines.

• Member Contributer
On 12/13/2021 at 6:50 AM, Dutchy said:

DRS is "wrong", a bit like telling Usain Bolt to carry  10kg backpack.

Nah its great I suggested it many years before it was allowed. But I wanted the teams to have variable aero, not an overtaking aid controlled by race control. 

F1 has run its course nothing new coming out of it from 20years. And the leaving director, just announced that they can't go all electric until after 2050 because they gave that guarantee to Formula-E ! 

• Member Contributer

They are supposed to be developing new "bio" fuels that they will use for racing. MotoGP going a similar way. Some of the alternative fuels might be far enough along to support a race series, but not much more yet. Here's to hoping they get the artificial photosynthesis hydrogen production sorted and we can keep combustion engines around.

Archived