Windshield extender thingie?

2002vfr800

I saw this photo on the internet, does anyone know the make and model of the windshield extender. Has anyone tried it and if so could give a review on it. Thanks.

Windshield extension.jpg

Mra makes the real deal version.  I bought a Chinese knockoff to try it out first.  I tried it on both the factory windscreen, and the longer givi touring screen.  Took it off and gave it away.  Did not like it.

The one in the pic is also a knockoff, I believe.  The knockoffs are around twenty five bucks on Amazon.  Get the big one if you get one at all.

• Member Contributer

I tested 2 varieties from MRA years ago.

Shyte is th :tongue:e correct phrase.

• Member Contributer

And know that the color will change dramatically after a year in the sun. I suspec that you can paint them. They don't really move the mirrors in the proper direction to see "more.". 

I got one for $12 on amazon. Put it on my CB500x stock screen. I can use it to push air at me in the summer or over me a little better the rest of the year. The later is actually a little quieter as well. It takes two hands to adjust it but its really not all bad. I have a MRA on my VFR and can't say that it does a lot. Seems to be a little less range of motion and my seating position is less upright. For the money, what's to worry about?

Archived