Carb balance adjusting screws

Av8r

Just wondering if there’s a reason why I shouldn’t use either longer screws, with longer anti-vibration springs or epoxy/glue/weld extensions onto the three carb balance adjustment screws to make it easier to adjust them, would they foul anything? I’ve got the correct 90° screwdriver but still find it hard to get it located and stay there while trying not to burn my hands. (Pic from internet)
8EF3CD6D-F86C-4800-B991-EF1CA4F3C643.jpeg.ee77fa4a5bda0d4e5d0b9f6cff88dd01.jpeg

• Member Contributer

You can try. I've been fine laying a rag over the hot parts and reach in bare handed. Either used a tiny screwdriver or a socket. It's not a fun job either way.

I think the longer screws might make it harder to reach.

• Member Contributer

I don't use a 90-degree screwdriver, but a 9-degree nut driver (hex socket on the end), so once on it doesn't tend to fall off.  I probably got it at M&P or someplace like that.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, JZH said:

I don't use a 90-degree screwdriver, but a 9-degree nut driver (hex socket on the end), so once on it doesn't tend to fall off.  I probably got it at M&P or someplace like that.

Ciao,

JZH

On the VF500F2 this is a must for the front right one.

In fact the driver needs to be a flexible one.

And you need 3 hands.. :laugh:

On 11/25/2021 at 9:09 AM, JZH said:

Ciao,

JZH

Thanks, I’ll try to get/lash up something similar.

Archived