Need help setting clock

3rdbike

• Member Contributer

Hey guys!  I need just a little help on setting the clock on my '15 VFR.  I follow the instructions in the manual, but there's something I'm missing.  I press and hold A & B buttons, that takes me to clock setting, I use A to set hours, B to switch to minutes, A to set minutes.  Then the manual tells me to Press B, the clock is set, and then the display moves to the backlight brightness adjustment.  When I do that, the clock goes to zero!  If I continue all the way thru backlight, changing speed and mileage, changing temp gauge unit, changing fuel mileage meter unit, setting the mileage countdown, the clock still remains at zero. 

Shouldn't I be able to just set the time on the clock and be done with it?  How can I do that?  I'm calling on you youngsters to help an old guy out, please!  Thanks in advance for any and all replies! 

• Member Contributer

Sorry I don't qualify as a youngster, more of an old timer, BUT.........

You've gone too far within the menu system.

- Do the time set procedure, adjust the hour then once you've done the minutes, by having the correct minute flashing, simply Switch Off the Ignition.

When you turn your ignition back on again you will be seeing your corrected time.

If you want to bail out anytime switching Off your Ignition, then start again, is the easiest option.

Easy for a 64 year old. Once you've done it a couple of times its a piece of cake!:fing02:

• Member Contributer

Thanks so much, Grum!  I was taking the instructions too literally.  I'll practice with it, cuz that's the only way I learn anything!

• Member Contributer

Well Grum,  it's not working.  Pressing A & B takes me to the clock, the correct time is there, with hour number flashing.  I've tried pressing B to minutes flashing, then turning ignition off.  Ignition back on, clock reads 0:00    I've tried A & B, resetting hours, B to minutes, reset, ignition off.  Ignition on, clock reads 0:00    A & B, correct time displayed, press B through hours, press B through minutes, then B again, clock displays 0:00 and of course B now displays panel brightness adjustment.  I can't seem to get the clock to display the time that I just set.    Shrug.....

• Member Contributer

Can assure you the method I posted works for time setting.

Your clock has two modes Clock and Trip Time.

I'm sure you have your clock set to Trip Time mode!

Trip Time mode will initially display 0:00 as you've mentioned.

You can toggle between Clock and Trip Time mode by simply pressing and holding the B button for about 2secs.

Photos showing Clock Mode and Trip Time Mode by pressing button B for 2secs.

20211114_123448.jpg

20211114_123411.jpg

• Member Contributer

AH HA!!   That makes sense.  I will report back with my findings.  Thank you for bearing with me, Grum!

• Member Contributer
18 minutes ago, 3rdbike said:

AH HA!!   That makes sense.  I will report back with my findings.  Thank you for bearing with me, Grum!

You are most welcome Sir.

• Member Contributer

Got it!!  

A toast to Grum!!  🍺🍺

Uh...Grum, do you know anything about TV remotes? I got this........   😆😄

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, VFR4Me said:

I got a VCR i need the time set on if you're not too busy...

VHS or Betamax?  Best was stay up to midnight, then pull the plug and back on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

What about Technics turntables Grum? You could have a very profitable business here….

I would like to add that GRUM is an invaluable source of information anything VFR. We are lucky to have him here.

Thanks GRUM for all your contribution to the forum and for me personally.

👍

• Member Contributer

Glad to help out VFR80025th. But certainly not informed on "anything VFR" no Sir.

Just slightly electrically biased! The rest I've learned from the other experienced members of this great forum.

Cheers.:beer:

Archived