How to secure the underseat toolkit VFR800Fi

ariesblade

Question

Hey guys,

Simple question really. I have my toolkit, insurance and incident forms under my seat stored away, but they dont like to stay put. (also the stubby tire iron doesnt fit in the toolkit so that one like sliding around too) How do you secure your toolkit? Any ideas?

12 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

There are a couple of clips on the underseat tray and originally Honda supplied a large thick rubber hold down for all that. I just use a real small bungee cord now.

• Member Contributer
47 minutes ago, ariesblade said:

before i take the bike apart? 😄

You mean take the seat off?

:beer:

@vfrcapn Bungee cord for the win! I have had a cord to test for such a long time now. But finally got round to installing it. After removing the rear bodywork, i noticed that there is a slit in the rear mudguard allowing the bungee to be installed without removing the rear cowl. Oh well i was already there so did some cleaning, and inspections (especially around the R&R) Thanks for the clever insight about the bungeecord, so happy to finally have one 😄

IMG_4560.thumb.jpeg.bf2881c4808871c0bc31ae7d3df96dd3.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Nice! That slit is for the rubber bungee that comes OEM. 

3 hours ago, bmart said:

Nice! That slit is for the rubber bungee that comes OEM. 

Yeah i know, buti didnt know it existed until after i had already removed the rear cowl, so knowing that before hand, it would've been unnecessary to remove it. Oh well we learn... 🤷‍♂️

On 3/18/2022 at 6:42 PM, Mohawk said:

Leave it at home where it belongs 😂

im guessing you mean the toolkit? heck no. definitely not leaving that at home. Has come in handy numerous times. I dont notice the weight difference, and the toolkit fits 90% of my gfs bike as well.

Archived