need help with old helmet ID

squirrelman

5 hours ago, tbzep said:

The one on the left is a John Kocinski race replica.

thanks for the info. do you know the model number ?  i'm trying to find eye shields and mounting hardware,

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, squirrelman said:

thanks for the info. do you know the model number ?  i'm trying to find eye shields and mounting hardware,

I'm an Arai guy, so I'm not sure on the model.   

On 11/3/2021 at 9:36 PM, squirrelman said:

trying to rehabilitate 2 old shoei helmets and need to know the model numbers.

Have you tried contacting Shoei? You do realize that the absorption Styrofoam layer on both those helmets are more likely than not worthless, right? Not good helmets to be trusting your life with as far as I'm concerned. My2cents

thanks for the excellent advice, kbear. i know you're correct, but i'm just not in any financial position to spring for a new helmet and will continue searching for the eye shields and mounting hardware to get these 2 back in service. on another helmet (1992 arai kevin schwantz replica) the arai company stated that i shouldn't use a helmet that old and that they supported parts for their helmets for no more than 7 years.

IMG_8759.jpg.226511723fb4b2ae52268d1c8337f6d6.jpgIMG_8761.jpg.12b780ae83298678c7ce1568c2114604.jpg

This is from an old RF200 if it helps figure out parts. I have pushed the five year plan a couple of times but these helmets are really old. This manual was printed in 1989.

• Member Contributer

Pics from other angles would be helpful. Is there no indication inside? 

Archived