Howdy from Houston!

I'm normally a BMW GS rider but came across a barn-find '93 VFR750F with less than 3,000 miles and really couldn't pass it up.

All-original as far as I can tell, I've got to address a rusty tank, clean up the carbs and change the fluids before the rubber hits the road.

I'm looking forward to this adventure!

In the previous owner's yard:

1ce8edd205582bb816fffaee45594a75.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

You're only going to make enemies around here with a first post like that.  Welcome...damn right I'm jealous.

• Member Contributer

WOW! What kind of Barn was this? That bikes look cared for in that pic. Welcome Aboard! and congratulations. To say I'm envious would be an understatement, that is one lucky find.

• Member Contributer

3,000 miles in 23 years . . . in my dreams.   Even has the seat cowl.   Been watching C/L for years for a '93  and haven't seen one like that.  Congrats on a great score.  Keep us updated with more pics. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to vfrd from across the pond!

I bet it has the little fairing panel on the sidestand too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys - good to know that I might have a keeper. I finally started to bring it back to life this past weekend and the big item this time is a rusty fuel tank. I've started to clean it up in preparing to electolytically treat the rust and have ordered some OEM parts to replace what got rusted inside or damaged in the old gas, so I was able to only disassemble a few things in the time I had:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B357a2l3HFkTM0ppc3AzSVpkeUk

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Very nice barn find! Keep us updated on the progress.

Archived