Two Bros. Left side exhaust

So I just got off the phone with Two Bros.  Awhile ago I had bought a partial left exit system online and wanted to see if they could help me out with the pipes I was missing.  The tech told me that "back in the day" they would just measure the angle and length of the pipe needed and build a jig to weld up the tubes.  After the run of systems that they built, they would get rid of it and not record any dimensions of the exhaust.  Basically, I would have to get 100 dudes to sign up for a new left exit system and they would build it.  I don't have high hopes for that coming to fruition, I doubt there are even 100 members on here who own a 3rd gen.  So I'm appealing to a forum member who could maybe give me dimensions for the parts i need.  The pipes missing that I need are the rear header pipes, coming off the engine.  I have everything else.  

Or if you guys think we can get 100 members signed up for a system, throw your name in below.

• Member Contributer

shot in the dark here, but could that exhaust possibly utilize the stock rear pipes?  I dunno because I've never seen those in person...

Good luck on that, I feel like getting those two rear pipes custom made with any quality and matching flanges and spring clips is going to run a pretty penny. Though two brother full systems do seem slightly more common for the 3rd/4th gen than the 5th/6th gen, you could always get in line for Tyga, after they finish the 5th/6th I think they might do a 3rd/4th header.

• Member Contributer

TBR confirming they're idiots, yeah...  I'm surprised they actually spoke to you on the telephone.  Well done! 

How did you manage to buy a "partial" system, anyway?  No matter, you're on your own now.  There is no chance whatsoever that 100 people are going to pay for TBR full systems for 3rd/4th gens, so at least you're located in a metropolitan area with hundreds of companies that could fab up a couple of pipes.  Good luck.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I recently pulled a pair of TBR systems, left exit (top) and a right exit (bottom), off a pair of 4th gens. Interestingly they were very different... But the rear down pipes seemed identical.

vfr750 build 2016 (46).JPG

On 7/22/2016 at 8:00 AM, slo1 said:

I recently pulled a pair of TBR systems, left and a right, off a pair of 4th gens. Interestingly they were very different... But the rear down pipes seemed identical.

vfr750 build 2016 (46).JPG

Was one a left exit and one a stand right exit? If that is the case I bet the left exit 4-1 feels like a full blown race exhaust compared to the 4-2-1 standard exit.

I may see if some exhaust fab shop could make me some rear tubes.  I have my original pipes as well, may see if those could be modified.  

I was able to get the system off ebay.  I usually just prowl around and if I see something interesting I'll ask the seller a question.  In this case, he was selling a two bros muffler that he spec'd was for a 3rd gen VFR.  What caught my eye was that the two bros logo was on the left, so I asked if he had the whole system.  He did and he agreed to throw in the rest of the system he had for another 20 bucks.  I think I paid 75 total for what I got.

Maybe you can take your bike, 2bros header and factory own pipes to a fab shop. See if the factory down pipes are close and they can just remake them in 35mm, then test fit them and adjust them as much as necessary. You could maybe reuse the flanges too, after opening them up.

• Member Contributer

A standard muffler shop will probably not be able to help you.  You need to find someone who can mandrel bend thin-wall stainless steel tubing.  Good luck.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Was one a left exit and one a stand right exit? If that is the case I bet the left exit 4-1 feel like a full blown race exhaust compared to the 4-2-1 standard exit.

Yep, Left Exit is the top one, Right exit is the bottom one. Installed the lefty and it sounds mean, but a bit loud......

IMG_5914.JPG

I have a full Two Bros left exit on my 92 and I up up the 405 from you in the South Bay.  Not sure how I can help out but you are more than welcome to look at the headers.  Might be tough to get to since they are on the rear heads.

Roger

On 2016-07-23 at 5:42 AM, slo1 said:

Yep, Left Exit is the top one, Right exit is the bottom one. Installed the lefty and it sounds mean, but a bit loud......

IMG_5914.JPG

Have you eliminated the cush drive?

On 7/22/2016 at 10:43 PM, vfracer750 said:

I have a full Two Bros left exit on my 92 and I up up the 405 from you in the South Bay.  Not sure how I can help out but you are more than welcome to look at the headers.  Might be tough to get to since they are on the rear heads.

Roger

As of now, I made a high mount right exit work with my two bros muffler.  I appreciate your help in offering up your bike for measuring everything buti would prob just end up cutting the part I need out of my stock pipes and having them welded to the left exit system.  

For now, I will just live with my high mount.  

IMG_20160723_211807878.jpg

On 7/23/2016 at 3:42 AM, slo1 said:

IMG_5914.JPG

Hey buddy, are those standard calipers?  Hard to make out.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, RC36 said:

Hey buddy, are those standard calipers?  Hard to make out.

Nope, but they are for a vfr750 :)

IMG_5904.JPG

On 7/22/2016 at 2:46 PM, JZH said:

A standard muffler shop will probably not be able to help you.  You need to find someone who can mandrel bend thin-wall stainless steel tubing.  Good luck.

Ciao,

Or a fabrication shop that can do nice pie cuts. SS pie cuts on the rear down pipes would just be tits.

On 7/22/2016 at 10:42 PM, slo1 said:

IMG_5914.JPG

Man you are sitting on one bad ass VFR. A full race left exit high mount! Plus some kind of single nut rear wheel conversion! That is better and more rare than rocking horse poop. How was the power band effected by the change in 4-2-1 versus 4-1 and straighter bends? Even more top end??

15 hours ago, slo1 said:

Nope, but they are for a vfr750 :)

IMG_5904.JPG

Ah the Harrison billet calipers.  Do you rate them?  They're VERY expensive new!

• Member Contributer

As I recall, the pads aren't cheap, either!  But, barring a fork swap, there aren't a lot of good options to upgrade VFR brakes.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
On 7/21/2016 at 4:03 PM, KOCONUT said:

TBR-VFR750-Header-2.jpg

Heres the best pic I could find.  I need just the rear pipes.

A local exhaust fabricator who can do mandrel bends with 1.5" thin wall stainless steel tubing is more rare than a VFR full race exhaust set.

Don't let my failure to source an exhaust shop in 4 years of searching dissuade you.  If you do find a shop do share where they are located.

On 7/21/2016 at 5:53 PM, CandyRedRC46 said:

Good luck on that, I feel like getting those two rear pipes custom made with any quality and matching flanges and spring clips is going to run a pretty penny. Though two brother full systems do seem slightly more common for the 3rd/4th gen than the 5th/6th gen, you could always get in line for Tyga, after they finish the 5th/6th I think they might do a 3rd/4th header.

Candy Red got it right, you will not find anyone to fabricate those rear pipes for you. I have been trying to have a couple of TBR systems duplicated for years, no takers.

I tried to farm it out to a skilled fabricator knowing it would cost me $1,000 and the few I contacted for this still turned it down. I offered to pay for a specail mandrel tubing bender for an exhaust shop (amortized over the first 100 sets of exhaust to be built) to no avail.

You do not need the rear downtubes from a left exit system as they are the same as the right exit.  I would supply some dimensions for your wild goose chase but my 3rd gen system is boxed up to send off to Tyga right now.

You could try to see if a stock 3rd gen rear down tubes can be modified to seal with the rest of the system.  If your engine is like most 3rd gens that I have seen on the dyno you will not notice the power difference and you have the left exit look that exposes the rear wheel and SSSA.

• Member Contributer

Did you ever talk to Dan Dreisbach?  He did do this for me and Jim (sa1713):

gallery_362_5959_129231.jpg

gallery_362_5959_146786.jpg

Ciao,

Archived