ECN Down

• Member Contributer

Could be that you are not accessing from a U.S. Server. I've seen this issue, oddly on FB when trying to access some videos posted by my cousins in England.

• Member Contributer

NL is on the list of supported countries.

dropped gofundme a note as well

• Member Contributer

I’ve heard back from Jeff ‘Dillionaire’ - the guy that was on that ride and started the GoFundMe.  He says the campaign timeframe ended and that’s likely why folks are getting an error.  He’s trying to hand it off directly to the family for them to manage so they can more readily access funds donated.  I’ll ask him to update when/if things are fixed and advise.  Thanks for your patience all!  

• Member Contributer

Thank you.

The deciding difference between ECN's crash and mine is luck, sheer luck.

The main thing we have in common is being a member of VFRD, and without having met/knowing ECN that is good enough for me.

So once the support drive is up again, I will step up.

Not because I must,

but because I can....

Leon

• Member Contributer

Just learned of this a few days ago.   Always hate to hear when there is a MC accident and when someone you know is involved it hits very close to home.  Real tragic accident and nothing he could have done to avoid it. His condition sounds very serious but hoping for the best!!  I know he loved his VFR and logged in many long rides.  Missed you on this years Gold and Silver ride. 

Pic from 2014, Ed is in the center. 

DSC03213.JPG

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I’m gutted to report that Ed passed away on December 28.  Somehow I had missed the news which had been mentioned on some of the local Bay Area forums.  Ed was a great guy and a blast to ride with and will be missed terribly.  RIP 

• Member Contributer

Wow, so sad to hear of his passing. He and I had shared a camp site on the last Sierra ride I was able to attend. Both of us had a great time, even though we got rained on pretty good and his bike fell over in the mud.

RIP Ed.

• Member Contributer

I didn't know Ed well but on the 3 or 4 times we rode together I really enjoyed his company. For some reason I remember very clearly the last time I saw him, around dusk on a Sunday last June, as Ed, Greg and Jim headed out of our pizza joint parking lot in Angels Camp to ride home to the South Bay.

Ed will really be missed.

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, St. Stephen said:

I didn't know Ed well but on the 3 or 4 times we rode together I really enjoyed his company. For some reason I remember very clearly the last time I saw him, around dusk on a Sunday last June, as Ed, Greg and Jim headed out of our pizza joint parking lot in Angels Camp to ride home to the South Bay.

Ed will really be missed.

Wow, I kept thinking about Ed since his accident, especially when I rode with you guys. Ed, Greg, and I rode down from Angels Camp, Greg peeled off to go home in the North Bay, and Ed and I continued South. We waved at each other as I was exiting, his was the next exit. That was the last time I saw him. What a great guy, so easy going, and got along with everyone. 

Rest in peace Ed!

Damn...I don't really know what to say.

Ed was such a nice guy, and super fun to ride with. Always the first to commit to a Bay Area ride, and it seemed like he was there on every single one - from an army of us up in Quincy, to him, dadofseven, and me blazing up into Oregon one weekend.

On that Oregon trip Ed and I rode around the gate and camped at the closed Boise Creek Campground - eventually sitting on a picnic table in the pitch dark, passing a bottle of Newton Unfiltered Cabernet back-and-forth and talking about life. The next morning we rode up 299 with him in the lead - puffs of smoke coming off his boot toe every time he dove into a corner at seemingly impossible speeds...and his carbon Remus Grand Prix playing V4 music when he gassed it at every apex. Rest in peace sir.

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

• Member Contributer

To my friend Porradavfr, thanks for staying on top of this. Seeing your name triggered some good memories so I backed up and read all the posts from start to finish. Needless to say it didn't end as I had hoped. My condolences to his family and his riding friends. Al, can you believe it will be ten years since you led me around the goat trails between San Jose and Santa Cruz, come April? I hope you and your family are prospering! Take care until we meet again!

Ernie

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear the sad news. Smooth pavement and perfect turns to you on your journey Ed.

It's moving to see how many people he affected positively.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, vfrurknee said:

To my friend Porradavfr, thanks for staying on top of this. Seeing your name triggered some good memories so I backed up and read all the posts from start to finish. Needless to say it didn't end as I had hoped. My condolences to his family and his riding friends. Al, can you believe it will be ten years since you led me around the goat trails between San Jose and Santa Cruz, come April? I hope you and your family are prospering! Take care until we meet again!

Ernie

Geez man, how time flies.  Ed was such a nice guy and such a pleasure to be around - always had that mischievous smile and positive attitude.  

Whenever you’re in the area give a holler, it would be great to share another ride.  Take care buddy.  

• Member Contributer

I would like nothing better, should I ever be able to get back out there. I will give you notice at the earliest opportunity. Keep the dirty side down!

• Member Contributer

Ugh. This wasn't the outcome I was expecting as I read this thread. So sad like that.

Rest in peace Ed.

• Member Contributer

Appreciate the update but was hoping for better news, very tragic.     Will always remember the great times we shared together but unfortunately we never had the opportunity for you to show me around your favorite back roads.    Rest in Peace Ed, you will be missed....

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer
On 2/16/2017 at 8:12 PM, RC1237V said:

Wow, I kept thinking about Ed since his accident, especially when I rode with you guys. Ed, Greg, and I rode down from Angels Camp, Greg peeled off to go home in the North Bay, and Ed and I continued South. We waved at each other as I was exiting, his was the next exit. That was the last time I saw him. What a great guy, so easy going, and got along with everyone. 

Rest in peace Ed!

Jim, I think that was the last time I saw Ed too... So sad. He was a funny guy and I will always remember that. I've been gone from VFRD for awhile now but you guy's are all still my friends.:cool:

Archived