Sat Nav Mount

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice, or links on how I would go about mounting a sat nav?

Had the bike a while now and made do without but would be helpful to have one in the future, sadly I am not at all savvy with the bike outside of knowing how to ride it so I really have no idea where to begin!

• Member Contributer

Got a Garmin 350LM. The RAM Head stem mount works a treat, fully adjustable to any viewing angle you want. Used on both 6th and 8th gen VFR's. The only issue with this mount is to keep tightening the mount screw bit by bit, tightening the rubber bung within the head stem over a few months until it finally settles in, the base shouldn't move around after that!

Cheers.

P1010134.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

This one RAM-B-231ZU without the U-bolt will fit over the 2 bolts in front of the tank. Just replace the bolts that hold the tank with some longer bolts. The GPS will not move while you move the steering. If you use a tank bag, a longer arm can be used to raise the GPS higher. I use this solution on my VFR.

On 8/1/2016 at 2:47 PM, Barmo said:

This one RAM-B-231ZU without the U-bolt will fit over the 2 bolts in front of the tank. Just replace the bolts that hold the tank with some longer bolts. The GPS will not move while you move the steering. If you use a tank bag, a longer arm can be used to raise the GPS higher. I use this solution on my VFR.

Now THAT'S a good idea.

I use the RAM-B-201U for my phone or GoPro and while it's up higher in line of sight it does move with the steering.  Also have to awkwardly move your hand for to turn on the ignition/remove the key

• Member Contributer
11 minutes ago, noahnsteph said:

I am getting ready to install this ram mount on the steering stem tomorrow night at our weekly bike night. It should be in my mailbox from Amazon as I type......  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RHVS8I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If the one you bought proves to come loose like a few have had issues with. Give this one a shot.

http://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-B-354-75U

RAP-B-354-75U.jpg

Archived