VFR 800 vtec A5 (2005) owner in UK (Essex)

Rs2k

Hi all. 

Just a quick hi from me, my names Bill. I live in Essex in the UK. 

I recently bought a vfr800 to use commuting, ex police bike with 60,000 miles !!  

Needs a few bits fixing sadly, due to wiring that's not quite right and some bodges but I'm getting there. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Member Contributer

VFRD: possibly the greatest enthusiast forum in all the world. We have all manner of motorcyclists here: old, young, fast, slow, commuters, tourers, racers, modders, stockers, master mechanics and noobs.

Welcome to the community, Bill.

I have the exact same bike as you, although mine might have been dropped one or two times more than yours. It's a fantastic ride. May it bring you years of enjoyment and adventure.

Hi Bill. I'm in Essex too and just bought my first VFR last week. Got a VFR12 which i made a few mods too as well. What i can recommend, if yo do quite a few miles, is the stone chip film. I bought mine from chipguard.co.uk

Took me about 4 hrs all told to fit myself but defo worth it. 

My pics are in the welcome forum under the "Noob with a big boy toy". Welcome to VFRD and, more importantly, welcome to life with a VFR. She looks a beauty

2 minutes ago, Howesnet said:

Hi Bill. I'm in Essex too and just bought my first VFR last week. Got a VFR12 which i made a few mods too as well. What i can recommend, if yo do quite a few miles, is the stone chip film. I bought mine from chipguard.co.uk

Took me about 4 hrs all told to fit myself but defo worth it. 

My pics are in the welcome forum under the "Noob with a big boy toy". Welcome to VFRD and, more importantly, welcome to life with a VFR. She looks a beauty

Hi. 

Thanks for the welcome all. :) 

howesnet- what part of Essex ?  I'm not too worried about stone chips tbh, bikes 11 years old and not mint sadly. Fairing has crackle lines in paint :( 

good idea tho if paint is mint. 

3 minutes ago, Egg on Leggs said:

Welcome, we now have our own TOWIE crew.:beer:

Ty :)

hmmm TOWIE - think I'll move a few miles towards the city lol. 

TOWIE - can't stand it or them lol 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the North Sea.

If in a couple of years you need an official invite to obtain a visum to enter the EU, let me know... :goofy:

(this offer open to all VFRD member that are UK residents.....)

21 minutes ago, Suzuki416 said:

It was the electrical issues that stopped me contacting him....   Good luck with this.

I don't recall any being listed in the ad? 

Just that its ex police and done 60,000 miles. 

Its no biggie to be honest, worst case change the loom lol. Still cheap bike 

I think I contacted him via PM.....

I know I looked at it for quite a while, think he listed it twice - its still a bargain - I just didn't want to do the work.

Archived