Sounds like a great idea and exactly what the world needs.    More economical than a motorcycle and I would think much safer.   Doesn't look like the vehicle for me but I like the idea.  These days I feel like I need to be driving something more substantial.      Just today  I nearly got into a high speed collision with an idiot passing on the right out one I-880.  The Acura driver had to pass the already fast moving traffic by zipping in and out of traffic and cutting me off in the process.   If I didn't brake for his sorry ass we woulda hit at about 75 mph.     Not sure how a smaller lighter 3 wheeled vehicle would fare when, not if,  some bozo runs into it.     Man I thought L.A. drivers were bad but Nor Cal bay area drivers are out of control...

• Member Contributer

I wish Elio the  best of luck, but as a guy with a couple decades in automotive engineering and manufacturing, for Elio to say he's gonna sell this thing for $6800.... I think he's has been smoking too much cannabis..... 

• 2 weeks later...

A CB500X,made in Thailand,has the same price.This means either the Honda is hideously overpriced,American labor and materials have become magicallycheaper than Thai,this is a more drawn out version of the Dale.

Been watching this for years. Even thought about putting down a deposit. Delay after delay after delay is its story.

Even if it does get built, all above are correct - it will never be $6800. I'd still pay $12k or so for it, so why set people's expectations so high (low)?

Archived