Question

Just throwing this out here for anyone interested... I've been drawing/painting since I was a kid and started drawing people's bikes lately. I had a guy on VFRD ask me to do a custom photo for him and shipped it out from Cincinnati to Minneapolis.  He (Maxswell) was pretty happy and I got paid, so everybody wins.  Shoot me a message and your favorite photo of your bikes and we can probably work something out!  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I like it.

I would have recognized Terry on his 5G even if you hadn't told us Maxwell was a customer.

7 minutes ago, CornerCarver said:

I like it.

I would have recognized Terry on his 5G even if you hadn't told us Maxwell was a customer.

Awesome, is there a way to tag him here

?  I want to make sure he gets a shout out for being my first customer.

• Member Contributer

I loved his avatar and felt compelled to get my own original sketch. It came out even better than I hoped.

uncleJman does fabulous work and cooperated to get me just what I wanted.

Here are some pics.

I highly recommend him.

Jake A VFR drawing - close.JPG

Jake A VFR drawing.JPG

• Member Contributer

If I look closely, I can see the red ducttape no? :-)

For Maxswell, it was all under $200.  His drawing was 6x9 matted, framed, and shipped from Cincinnati to Minneapolis.  I think I asked $125 for the drawing itself, which was about 3-4 hrs of work.  

• Member Contributer

I hate to contradict my favorite artist, but the drawing was $140 with $50 for supplies, according to my paypal account. At that price I consider his talent a bargain. 

The above sketch is in my kitchen; I'm going to request another sketch to put in my "data center" (office).

So, uncleJman, keep your pencils sharp. :) There is a photo of me at my recent Advanced Rider Course (level 2) at Dakota County Technical College that I intend to purchase for this purpose. You'll be hearing from me later this summer Jake.

On 6/10/2016 at 2:11 PM, uncleJman said:

Awesome, is there a way to tag him here

?  I want to make sure he gets a shout out for being my first customer.

Archived