Where Are The SoCal Rides?

Rogue_Biker

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, ShayneJack said:

Yawn....  <looks left, looks right, looks left again>.

Back in the day I used to organize ACH-BigBear, Palomar-borrego springs, hesperia-crestline-idlywild and I think GMR twice.  Oh those were the days.  Tracking up 350+ miles on low-traffic back country roads...

Yawn...  <looks left again, sneezes, then starts washing the bike>

Give me a little bit and I'll throw something together.

I remember one of the rides you had thrown together, it was my first VFRD ride I believe. I think you had slipped at work and hurt your leg and thus you could not attend. We did though, had a good turn out and did have a few SNAFUS with losing a few riders momentarily but we were able to all make it back home in one piece. 

Right now my riding schedule is hit or miss but schedule it and I'm sure we can get a group together, I may have to change my other "obligations" to make it but I try my best to attend rides.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly it's going to take a bit for me to be ready to start organizing again.  Bike needs some work, been sitting patiently for the past 6 years while I was off skydiving and learning photography (both very expensive hobbies!)  Always missed those rides though.  Averaged 10-15 riders with a max of 33 that one time at ACH.  Good times.  I'll check in about late July probably...

IMG_2017-05-31_16-57-27.JPG

• Member Contributer

ShayneJack you old salty dog! I still have a rear rim that belongs to you in my garage. Glad to see you are still around and have an interest to ride. 

I am open to any ride plans you guys come up with. Single or multi day. I once posted up a late notice day ride to GMR and 3 VFR riders joined us. 

I am checking back here more now that i have a VFR once again.

• Member Contributer
On 5/31/2017 at 5:01 PM, ShayneJack said:

Honestly it's going to take a bit for me to be ready to start organizing again.  Bike needs some work, been sitting patiently for the past 6 years while I was off skydiving and learning photography (both very expensive hobbies!)  Always missed those rides though.  Averaged 10-15 riders with a max of 33 that one time at ACH.  Good times.  I'll check in about late July probably...

IMG_2017-05-31_16-57-27.JPG

Is that Jay Leno walking up to the bikes at Newcombs?  :goofy:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning two trips out to the desert next week.  

Monday: Temecula to Anza, 74 to breakfast/brunch in Idyllwild (Cali Greens Cafe).  74West to home. KSU 730am.

Wednesday: Temecula to Anza to Palm Desert, north through Joshua Tree to 29Palms, brunch in Yucca Valley (Tommy's Kitchen).  I-10 back home. KSU 7am.

Its an early start, but anyone should feel free to join me.

It should be pleasant on the way out, hot on the way back.

This will be a casual ride, minimal hooliganism.

Paul in SoCal

#MotoPC2017

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, otmaximus said:

I'm planning two trips out to the desert next week.  

Monday: Temecula to Anza, 74 to breakfast/brunch in Idyllwild (Cali Greens Cafe).  74West to home. KSU 730am.

Wednesday: Temecula to Anza to Palm Desert, north through Joshua Tree to 29Palms, brunch in Yucca Valley (Tommy's Kitchen).  I-10 back home. KSU 7am.

Its an early start, but anyone should feel free to join me.

It should be pleasant on the way out, hot on the way back.

This will be a casual ride, minimal hooliganism.

Paul in SoCal

#MotoPC2017

Unfortunately, I have to work on both those days, unless you are referring to Monday July 3rd, then possibly I could make a trek out there.

• 4 months later...

I see that non of the SoCal riders are riding.  LOL!

I'm going to Palomar/Borrego Springs this Saturday and bringing my VFR.  Posted the ride on VFRWorld and nobody is riding there either.  LOL!  

What's this world coming to?  Nobody rides anymore unless they're on a naked sportbike or an ADV bike?  

Maybe someone around here wants to go...

We plan to ride to Palomar / Borrego Springs this Saturday, November 11th. 

The ride will begin at Ortega Highway, to Lake Elsinore, with a short hop on I-15 to Temecula for fuel.  Then we will head out onto Hwy 76, S6/S7 over Palomar Mountain, then onto S2/S22 to Borrego Springs.  Early lunch at Carlee's (really great hamburgers and beer battered french fries).  Then head towards Julian via Hwy 78.  The route back to the OC will depend on the group's stamina at that point.

Meeting location in the OC is the Starbucks Coffee in Rancho Mission Viejo:  https://goo.gl/maps/AYYVKSjE4sF2  (This link is for the UPS Store because Google Maps still doesn't have the Starbucks listed for some weird reason but it is adjacent to this spot)

KSU:  7:30 AM  Let's take advantage of Daylight Savings time!

We ride briskly but safe.  All abilities and bike types welcome.  Ride your own pace.  

• Member Contributer

You know I would be in, if it weren't for my track day plans...Have a good ride guys!

Archived