Does anyone have radiator/s

Guest Kris78

• Member Contributer

Kris

On a cold engine with the radiator cap off you shouldn't actually see any flow as the thermostat should be closed and therefore circulating the coolant around the block. Once the thermostat opens then there should be circulation at the filler neck.  If this is what is happening I would have said you had a stuck open thermostat, however, this would cause under heating not overheating. Strange issue.

I know you indicated new hoses at the radiators and thermo housing, what about the others? I had to replace the small hoses that connected the wax unit and the small hose from the top of the thermostat that connects to the inboard side of the radiator as these were totally blocked with congealed crud.

A further issue could be timing and lean fuelling, although I don't think you can adjust the timing on the VFR easily. Are you using the EcU or a power commander? What map are you using if a power commander? If ECU what are the O2 sensors like?

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Kris78 said:

Hi marvelicious 

i have had the bike lent over on the side stand bit of a mission leaning the bike that far over and trying to manage filling with coolant and holding the spilless funnel. 

Fill it and close it, then lean it over. I definitely purged more air than I could have done just sitting on the side stand. The high point on the side stand is the radiator without a filler (edit: don't know what I was thinking... not it isn't...). No guarantees, but I'd try it before I put any more parts into it. 

Archived