Sidi Fusion Air Boots $160

YoshiHNS

Question

4 answers to this question

I crashed in a pair of Sidi's...

I wear AlpineStars now. I still don't walk right.

Go for protection not price.

It sucks when you wake up in the morning and know it is going to hurt when you step out of bed.

There are several different models at several different price points. Myself and plenty of pro racers have crashed in Sidis and walked away unscathed. Every crash is different. I'm sure people have died of head injuries in Arais and Shoeis, does that mean AGV is better?

• Member Contributer

Agree that there are different levels of protection. This model Sidi looks to be more street rider oriented and not "race" level protection. A good test of a boots protection level is to try and bend the boot beyond normal flex and extension positions, it if bends beyond in either direction, probably not a boot for an aggressive rider or for best protection. Most race boots aren't that comfortable for day to day riding due to thie lack of movement and day to day riding boots aren't geared for better protection because of it.

On 4/10/2016 at 10:57 AM, YoshiHNS said:

Many sizes still available from STG.com. Just in time for a new riding season.

Not a massive sale, but still a decent price.

http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/sidi-fusion-air-boots/

Thanks for the link. I got the last size 44 and am replacing a very old pair of Sidi boots had almost no protection. These are a nice upgrade for me.

Archived